• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest Combo EVER!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol It can be. But if you mean Arrow Swarming in general I beg to differ. ^_^ My latest two Compilation Videos shows plenty of Arrow Swarm application.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ahh man i was expecting like some crazy chain of throws and Aerials taht would be inescapable haha.... this is still really cool though, 3 arrow hits at once, nice

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Not quite at once. I was doing it for a few minutes before deciding to record. On occasion I manage to pull off the three hitting at once bit.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
well its still amazing judging by the fact that i can only loop my arrows during a fight about 50 % of the time, i would jsut go and practice right now but my mum is whining about me playing too much saying i played well over an hour, thankfully wii has taht timer thing so i was able to shut her up when it read that i only played for 30 minutes today haha

ironically taht did not help me win the arguement cause then she jsut yelled at me and told me im addicted haha whatever though, im gonna go read atlas shrugged

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Got to a tournament and come back with a pocket full of cash. Even if it's money you saved up yourself. Let her think there's actually money in professional gaming. Well, there is, just not for the average joe. lol

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah only problem is germany there are very few tournaments around me annnnnd you have to be 18 to drive well 17 is accepted for americans but its technically illegal haha... i wanna play in a tourney so bad though

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Underdog how do u get the arrow to turn that fast? i have been trying that combo but nothing i need u to explaint how

thanks

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well just learning the tightest you can turn the arrow is first. Then you need to figure out what angle you need to take in order to not only get the arrow to veer up between arrow level (the release point of your second arrow) and the ground. After which you need to make sure your arrow is relatively straight before firing the second arrow. The second arrow can't be too far ahead of yourself and the best bet is to try to get both arrows at the very same point when the second is released. Finally you need to keep an eye on the arrow that you suspect will be the closest to the ground and angle your second loop accordingly. Finally as after they straighten up you can fire the third arrow. If you choose you can repeat the process and go for a Four Hit Arrow Combo. You can do Five in this way too.

If you want to do 6-9 you have to space your arrow loops so that you have four looping, and are able to place a new fourth arrow between the next two arrows after the first one hit. I've only ever done six in this way.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
i am not sure if i understand but, i pay close attentionto the vid and i realsed that you were able to turn the arrow before they left the screen and not only that but pit doesn't seem to move farwad untill the arrows are coming back what i need to is the timing

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i thoguth you could only have 4 arrows at once, or at least thats what i thought you showed in broken arrow, i think thats what you called the youtube

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
It's a good concept, but I don't know if it would be applicable in an actual battle. It would be cool even if only two hit. In fact, two arrows might actually produce a hefty combo in a real battle.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Tristan, I remember seeing you when you first joined.

And I've done the three hit combo in matches before. It's pretty much when I realize my Arrow Swarm should produce two hits that I send the third arrow in to make it an official combo. In the end I prefer making my opinion feel like they are being outplayed rather then winning. It usually ends up as a win anyway though. ^_^

And yes, you can only have four arrows at once. However you can space the swarm out in such a way where you can add another arrow to the sequence of hits after the first arrow makes contact. This can be done while still keeping your opponent unable to respond. I admit right now that doing this isn't feasible in an actual match, but it's a good way to work on your arrow mechanics.

Top Bottom