• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest album of all time?

Exovel

Smash Ace
I love all pf their albums as well. My second favorite would have to be either The ****ation Game or Paradise Lost. Can't wait for their new albums. Rumor has it they are gonna release exactly 10.
I'd say that my second favorite is probably Divine Wings of Tragedy or Paradise Lost. Of course, I just got D-nation Game last week. The only one I don't have is their first self-titled album, but I'm not sure I want to here anyone but Russel Allen singing. Have you ever listened to Allen-Lande? That's a fantastic combination. Check it out.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'd say that my second favorite is probably Divine Wings of Tragedy or Paradise Lost. Of course, I just got D-nation Game last week. The only one I don't have is their first self-titled album, but I'm not sure I want to here anyone but Russel Allen singing. Have you ever listened to Allen-Lande? That's a fantastic combination. Check it out.
Heheh. I actually did DL their first album, and couldn't stand it. Russel Allen is the only one who needs to sing for Symphony X.

Allen-Lande? Is that his solo album?

What's it called.. Atomic -something-.

Exovel

Smash Ace
Allen-Lande? Is that his solo album?

What's it called.. Atomic -something-.
Nope... Allen-Lande is a collaborative project between Jorn Lande and Russel Allen. They've released two albums (in the 2000s, I might add) called The Battle and The Revenge. They are amazingly fantastic, and I think that if you like Russel Allen, you will love it. Also, if you haven't heard Russel's work on The Universal Migrator, Part 2: Flight of the Migrator by Ayreon you are missing some of his best vocal accomplishments, like on the track Dawn of a Million Souls.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Nope... Allen-Lande is a collaborative project between Jorn Lande and Russel Allen. They've released two albums (in the 2000s, I might add) called The Battle and The Revenge. They are amazingly fantastic, and I think that if you like Russel Allen, you will love it. Also, if you haven't heard Russel's work on The Universal Migrator, Part 2: Flight of the Migrator by Ayreon you are missing some of his best vocal accomplishments, like on the track Dawn of a Million Souls.
Wow. I had no idea Russel Allen had so many other projects. Alright. Mental note. -Allen-Lande, Universal Migrator-

Sounds great. Also, if you like Symphony X, you check out Dream Theater, although their vocals are a bit lacking. Great instrumentals, though.

Exovel

Smash Ace
Hehe... I own everything Dream Theater... so I'm acquainted with them.

Yeah, Russel is all over the place. Allen-Lande is really fun. Ayreon is probably my favorite band ever. It's a project by Arjen Lucassen. All of the Ayreon albums follow the same story line, and it's pretty nerdy and fantasy (like Symphony X). Each Ayreon album uses different vocalists and instrumentalists from all over the world. Some of them are amazing and completely unheard of. That being said, Russel Allen has only been on the Flight of the Migrator album, but according to him, Ayreon is his favorite band to listen to. Jorn Lande is featured on the new Ayreon album 01011001. Like I said, same story line, different artists. Really cool stuff.

Russel Allen was also on one Star One album, called Space Metal. This is Arjen's other band aside from Ayreon.

I'm just full of info aren't I?

Frekydelic

Smash Rookie
Tenacious D, Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny are tied. Who knew Jack Black had an awesome voice?

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Hehe... I own everything Dream Theater... so I'm acquainted with them.

Yeah, Russel is all over the place. Allen-Lande is really fun. Ayreon is probably my favorite band ever. It's a project by Arjen Lucassen. All of the Ayreon albums follow the same story line, and it's pretty nerdy and fantasy (like Symphony X). Each Ayreon album uses different vocalists and instrumentalists from all over the world. Some of them are amazing and completely unheard of. That being said, Russel Allen has only been on the Flight of the Migrator album, but according to him, Ayreon is his favorite band to listen to. Jorn Lande is featured on the new Ayreon album 01011001. Like I said, same story line, different artists. Really cool stuff.

Russel Allen was also on one Star One album, called Space Metal. This is Arjen's other band aside from Ayreon.

I'm just full of info aren't I?
You certainly are. Glad to see you know Dream Theater.

Blind Guardian?

Tenacious D, Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny are tied. Who knew Jack Black had an awesome voice?
I did. Jack Black is definately my favorite non-metal vocalist ever.

Exovel

Smash Ace
You certainly are. Glad to see you know Dream Theater.

Blind Guardian?
My roommate is big into Blind Guardian, so I've heard a lot of it, but it isn't my favorite. Good stuff, I guess, but it doesn't quite hit me like some others.

As for the Ayreon I was telling you about... check out http://www.myspace.com/ayreonauts and listen to some of the music on there. They do mostly metal work, even though a lot of the tracks he puts on Myspace are a bit more rock-based. But if you wan't to hear Jorn Lande's voice (from Allen-Lande) he is the male singer on the track Comatose. Also, The Castle Hall is an incredible metal song. Let me know what you think. I've never met anyone who didn't like Ayreon if they gave them a shot. It's too bad that Arjen is from the Netherlands, so his music will never be as big here in the states.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
As for the Ayreon I was telling you about... check out http://www.myspace.com/ayreonauts and listen to some of the music on there. They do mostly metal work, even though a lot of the tracks he puts on Myspace are a bit more rock-based. But if you wan't to hear Jorn Lande's voice (from Allen-Lande) he is the male singer on the track Comatose. Also, The Castle Hall is an incredible metal song. Let me know what you think. I've never met anyone who didn't like Ayreon if they gave them a shot. It's too bad that Arjen is from the Netherlands, so his music will never be as big here in the states.
The upside to listening to not so well known bands is that when they do your the US, you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket - And you can get them at a steal. Swag is also cheap.

I can't imagine how much it would run me to go to a Maiden concert, and buy even just a t-shirt.

Exovel

Smash Ace
That's true. The Porcupine Tree concert wasn't bad at all. Dream Theater concert's are ridiculous, though, now that they have gained some real popularity.

Ayreon won't ever tour though, since every album has different vocalists and instrumentalists that belong to different bands of every genre. It makes touring impossible for them. It's really too bad.

Did you check out that music yet?

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'm not on the right computer. I'm using a lappy right now, everything I do with music, I have to do on the upstairs computer. I will in prolly 'bout an hour.

Dream Theater is getting big, I really wish I could have seen the Gigantour. that'd've been awesome.

Heheh, triple contraction.

[Edit]
Listened to it. It's more slower metal. I like my metal fast, which is why I like power metal. Still good though.

Exovel

Smash Ace
Lie? I think you may have missed a K. I likes me some spellings, hehe.

Yeah, like I said, they play heavier power metal stuff in other songs. It just depends on the album and such.

OwlFlavored

Smash Cadet
I really can't pick just one... But here are some of my favorite albums of all time.

Ayreon - The Human Equation
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Dream theater - Systematic Chaos
Dream Theater - Images And Words
Avantasia - The Scarecrow

Top Bottom