• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphics and Sound Help

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Hello =) These are my laptop settings. I seem to be having issues with Project M being stable all the time.

Sager laptop
Intel i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX
16 GB of dual channel DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I dont really have an game breaking issues, however when running project M the audio and visuals hiccup randomly and it really disrupts gameplay flow. I notice when watching project M streams they have seemingly flawless smoothness.

I was curious if someone could tell me what to setup in the DSP and graphicts etc to get the most smooth gameplay?

Thanks =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Most people run Project M on their Wii, leading to no lag or gameplay issues. Very few run it via emulation.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Most people run Project M on their Wii, leading to no lag or gameplay issues. Very few run it via emulation.
Really? =( I figured since someone asked me which version they had an idea or at least could tell me what settings they run. I guess emulation isnt as simple as I thought. With powerful hardware I figured it would be no trouble running a mod of a wii game but it seems its most optimized for the wii console mod?

Well I do have a 2nd question, how do you update project M? I know winter 2013 the new version will be out, but Im not sure how i would update it? I thought i just have to update the SD card file or?

Sorry if this is already answered or a bother x.x I just dont want to bother people at the last minute when they will be trying to play the new project M.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I was a past Dolphin user, so I might be able to help you out a bit.
To update Proj M when the winter release comes around just update the SD Files, which I'm guessing you have inside a Virtual SD card?
I have an okay laptop which was what I emulated P:M from with Dolphin and got it to run at just about 100% every time I used it, I'll drop my Dolphin options down below, hopefully they help.
[collapse=]
Configuration
General
Check Enable Dual Core
Check Enable Idle Skipping
FPS set to 60
JIT Recompiler

Interface
Check Use Panic Handlers

Audio
DSP HLE emulation
DSound backend

Wii
Check Use EuRGB60 Mode
Check Insert SD Card

Graphics
General
Direct3D9
Fullscreen resolution 640x480 (can go higher if you have a better graphics card)
Check Render to Main Window

Enhancements
Internal Resolution 1x Native (640x528) [can go higher with better graphics card]
Check Scaled EFB Copy

Hacks
Check Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies set to Texture
Texture Cache: Fast
External Frame Buffer: Check Disable
Other: Check Cache Display Lists, Disable Per-Pixel Depth

[/collapse]

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
I was a past Dolphin user, so I might be able to help you out a bit.
To update Proj M when the winter release comes around just update the SD Files, which I'm guessing you have inside a Virtual SD card?
I have an okay laptop which was what I emulated P:M from with Dolphin and got it to run at just about 100% every time I used it, I'll drop my Dolphin options down below, hopefully they help.
[collapse=]
Configuration
General
Check Enable Dual Core
Check Enable Idle Skipping
FPS set to 60
JIT Recompiler

Interface
Check Use Panic Handlers

Audio
DSP HLE emulation
DSound backend

Wii
Check Use EuRGB60 Mode
Check Insert SD Card

Graphics
General
Direct3D9
Fullscreen resolution 640x480 (can go higher if you have a better graphics card)
Check Render to Main Window

Enhancements
Internal Resolution 1x Native (640x528) [can go higher with better graphics card]
Check Scaled EFB Copy

Hacks
Check Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies set to Texture
Texture Cache: Fast
External Frame Buffer: Check Disable
Other: Check Cache Display Lists, Disable Per-Pixel Depth

[/collapse]
Thank you so much! I will try these later. Yes I am using a virtual SD card. I had no problems when i first created it and started project M, but i followed a video to do it all. im not sure what to do when I need to update it though x.x

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
When you need to update P:M just open the virtual SD with WinImage and replace all the files, it's that easy.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
When you need to update P:M just open the virtual SD with WinImage and replace all the files, it's that easy.
Hopefully it will be that easy. I cant really picture what you said to do. I know to open the card in winimage but the part about replacing the files confuses me =P

Also your configuration settings. Am i suppose to uncheck everything accept for you what you listed? or keep the default checked things checked in addition to the things you posted?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
When you open the SD in WinImage just highlight all the files and delete them all, then inject all the new P:M files and save the SD, pretty simple.

Also yes, uncheck everything that I didn't list.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
When you open the SD in WinImage just highlight all the files and delete them all, then inject all the new P:M files and save the SD, pretty simple.

Also yes, uncheck everything that I didn't list.
Thank you so much for your help =) I am very excited for the update. Even though my friends have been kicking my butt XD im not comprehending all these "pro techniques".

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
No problem, haha we're always here to help if possible. Don't worry too much about the advanced techs, you'll learn it all soon with time and a bit of practice.

Top Bottom