• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grade my ZSS

Bouse

Smash Ace
I'll let other people handle it... I write enough essays.

In short: Everything.

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
Try not to roll as much, don't use so many forward smashes either unless your opponent is not in a neutral position. Meaning that he can block, run, attack, jump, etc... Also, don't swing the forward Smash when you are so far away, this will just make it so you are unable to block lasers. I liked that first kill tho xD. If only he was a cm lower.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Where to start...

First, a general Brawl rule: Don't dodge roll directly into a Falco's Dsmash. I would have let it slide the first time but it happened at least twice in that video. Also, I don't think your opponent was much good either. He didn't use his reflector once in the whole battle, even when he could have EASILY reflected your paralyzer shot several times. Your recovery really could use some work too. You missed the stage on one or two UpB's when I think you still had a second jump or at least a flip jump. When you were actually able to make it to the stage, it was very predictable.

Two more questions:

1.) Was that a Wi-Fi match? It seemed like you had decent strategy in a few places but the timing was just a little bit off and looked a little laggy.
2.) Was that last KO intentional, or were you trying to make it back to the stage? Regardless, good play.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
More side-B's! Do them from short jumps and DI either further or closer after you start the move (depending on the situation) to maximize the range. However, doing lots of SH'd side-B's isn't always possible vs Falco, b/c the lasers disrupt their startup.

Make sure you control your armor parts when the match starts. They don't do a ton of damage, but the knockback is strong enough that if they are turned against you, it could cost you a stock. If you're worried that you can't keep all 3 away from your opponent, toss one off the stage, then use the other two. Also, you can still use your stun pistol and whip while holding them, so mix those in as well, rather than just throwing them all at once. And check out "glide tossing" in the AT Thread in Tactical discussion.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Kay, First of all, I'm the Falco player. P:

And i'll make sure I tell him your advice, I just want him to improve :p
Shine more, and SHDL more.

You have the potential to be a real douchebag. Don't pass it up.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Shield more, especially against Falco. Shield and crawl are two major tools that you have against Falcos. Neither is guaranteed to get you close to him fast, but getting to Falco is your goal.

Stop Fsmashing so much. There are three threads currently active where Fsmash is being loudly denounced, at least by me. Maybe I'm just full of myself, but I'm right; fsmash is a horrible, horrible move. Therefore, stop using it. As Adapt has said somewhere, you can use it when you land a dsmash on an opponent who has over 160% on the edge of the stage, and it might KO. Even then, I'd prefer a bair or fair, myself.

LEARN HOW TO FOLLOW UP YOUR DSMASHES. Geez, mahn. Seriously, though. mid-angle ftilt does 6%. SIX PERCENT. You could do the percent you did by omitting a second dsmash, and just jumping backwards into a Plasma Whip. You could get more by doing the second dsmash, then chaining into a uair, and a second uair if Falco's at a low enough percent. Maybe you could even pull out a Plasma Wire into another uair. Seriously, dsmash is the best best best move in your arsenal. Don't waste it.

Also, stick with your suit pieces, and do your best not to let your opponent get to them. Trap them while they try to get to the suit pieces. Maybe toss one or two off. Definitely learn the physics of your suit pieces. The Falco player knew your pieces better than you did, and that's not a good thing.

I think those are some general things. Other than that, I can't remember any other major qualms.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
1. You let him control your armor pieces. No. Bad ZSS. Bad.
2. Flip Jump to get closer to the ledge when you're that far away.
3. 0:58 - I haven't seen you use Plasma Whip once yet.
4. Don't charge F-smash when they aren't close to you. They aren't going to walk into it.
5. And don't use D-air when your opponent is just sitting there waiting for you.
6. Too much F-smash.
7. 1:12 - That was the perfect opportunity to D-smash chain Falco and you wasted it.
8. 1:50 - WTF Falco.
9. 2:28 - Hooray! You connected a Plasma Whip! Now start using it to space.
10. End - Falco why?

You have alot to work on.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I don't play ZSS and I didnt watch the entire vid, but... Try not to let your opponent get your armor pieces.... And you could've recovered that first death if you used her Down B first... So yeah... D:

chrisb9393

Smash Rookie
That wasnt my best match but thanks for the help ill work on it and post some more vids later

Top Bottom