• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grade 11 English Homework: 33%

Orangepeel

Smash Rookie
The ending was perfect. The lack of a period or exclamation point (LOP - Lack of Punctuation, as I call it) when you wrote "FALCON KICK" made for a hilariously abrupt ending.

Deci

Smash Rookie
It was awesome, I lol'd

You're pretty good at describing things, but like someone else said earlier, you're writing more for yourself than for your target audience. Why was the assignment out of a total of 3? A mark lost with such a low total would be a big hit on the final percentage.

I guess your teacher isn't great in the humour department xD The teacher will likely give you a higher mark if she favours you over others. I've written simply ******** stuff for various classes and got 90%+. Sometimes it's all about getting on the teacher's "good side". I know it's a bad thing for teachers to be biased, but it's inevitable. Especially with English, where most of the marks come from the teacher's opinion, rather than something like Math that has a specific answer that's set in stone.

I don't know the specifics of the assignment, but I would've given you a 70% ^^

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
You guys have to remember, Eric doesn't play melee and he is an English major. Kiki, that was unprofessional to scold your mods in front of the common member >:(

Now we know they aren't perfect.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hello.

Though I do not share your opinion of this strange character "Captain Falcon", I find this story highly amusing and I commend you, RGB, for writing it.
Hahaha, oh wow, I did not think I would see this thread again.

I"ll put this bluntly.

You smeared the whole thing with melodrama and verbosity. I get the feeling you're trying to be poetic, but with no actual substance.

Wait.
I just read the end.
Never mind.
:laugh: I find that increasing the verbosity of a story without a point to be a very intelligent form of humour. Pointlessness is beautiful.

The ending was perfect. The lack of a period or exclamation point (LOP - Lack of Punctuation, as I call it) when you wrote "FALCON KICK" made for a hilariously abrupt ending.
I was actually thinking of not even including the ending quote.

It was awesome, I lol'd

You're pretty good at describing things, but like someone else said earlier, you're writing more for yourself than for your target audience. Why was the assignment out of a total of 3? A mark lost with such a low total would be a big hit on the final percentage.

I guess your teacher isn't great in the humour department xD The teacher will likely give you a higher mark if she favours you over others. I've written simply ******** stuff for various classes and got 90%+. Sometimes it's all about getting on the teacher's "good side". I know it's a bad thing for teachers to be biased, but it's inevitable. Especially with English, where most of the marks come from the teacher's opinion, rather than something like Math that has a specific answer that's set in stone.

I don't know the specifics of the assignment, but I would've given you a 70% ^^
The specifications were: "Write an alternate ending". :p

I enjoyed it. I can't imagine what you're teacher was thinking when they saw"Falcon Punch"
I can't find the physical copy of the assignment, but it was something along the lines of "Uh... what? Quite a switcheroo!".

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed your story very much. And to think your teacher only gave you a 33?1?! What more could you ask for??

NEWCOMER: CHUCK NORRIS
^
I'm kidding...

Top Bottom