• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Tier !@!@!

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
man some of you guys have stupid reasons. Mewtwo... wow hes got a decent grab game, but with good DI the kills throws aren't great and the d-throw combos are alright at best.
I don't know why you'd assume his grabs are decent, Down throw combos alright at best? His down throw is just as vital as falcon's just he doesn't have a knee.

The back throw isn't that hard to DI from but the up throw is Super sick and a lot of the times unexpected. It sets up for sick combos against fast fallers that rack up a lot of damage fast, and can kill most floaties regardless of DI at like 110% at stages that don't have massive ceilings. I think mewtwo belongs real high on the tier list for grabs, definitely. It's basically the only thing that makes mewtwo a usable character.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Mewtwo throws only being decent?...

On most characters, when you reach 100% against mewtwo, you get grabbed and you're history..especially on the lower ceiling stages because of his upthrow.

And his backthrow leads to b-air edgeguarding which is great against most haracters.

atom is right, his throws are what make him usable.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yoshi would have to be the worst. Then I'd say Samus.

IC, Sheik, Fox, Falcon, Marth, and Jiggs have great grabs as well.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you'd assume his grabs are decent, Down throw combos alright at best? His down throw is just as vital as falcon's just he doesn't have a knee.

The back throw isn't that hard to DI from but the up throw is Super sick and a lot of the times unexpected. It sets up for sick combos against fast fallers that rack up a lot of damage fast, and can kill most floaties regardless of DI at like 110% at stages that don't have massive ceilings. I think mewtwo belongs real high on the tier list for grabs, definitely. It's basically the only thing that makes mewtwo a usable character.
his grabs help his game a lot but they still aren't great. but his upthrow isnt really unexpected. if you play a mewtwo you learn quickly that whenever you get grabbed at high high %'s he goes for the most likely kill throw and DI accordingly. that CF analogy isnt that great, its as vital to his play maybe except he doesnt have nearly as good a finishing move to grab combos, making it alot worse.

On most characters, when you reach 100% against mewtwo, you get grabbed and you're history..especially on the lower ceiling stages because of his upthrow.

And his backthrow leads to b-air edgeguarding which is great against most haracters.

atom is right, his throws are what make him usable.
naw.. most characters will survive past 100 if you DI right.

Top Bottom