• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroChameleon

Smash Cadet
Hello, this is my first post in here seeing as I recently picked up G&W, but has anyone else noticed that you can spike people with the down grab? I've done it like 3 times, but i cannot seem to repeat it on purpose, does anyone know how to do it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah it will always spike as long as there's no ground under the person. It's hard to do consistently but possible. Glidetoss to the ledge>grab will push you close enough to the edge that you can pull it off. Or just grabbing someone from the edge of a platform. I did it to a marth like 2 weeks ago by grabbing him out of the air on smashville's platform as it was over at the side.

Don't rely on it, you won't really be able to do it consistently but it does make for a fancy kill

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Yeah it will always spike as long as there's no ground under the person. It's hard to do consistently but possible. Glidetoss to the ledge>grab will push you close enough to the edge that you can pull it off. Or just grabbing someone from the edge of a platform. I did it to a marth like 2 weeks ago by grabbing him out of the air on smashville's platform as it was over at the side.

Don't rely on it, you won't really be able to do it consistently but it does make for a fancy kill
Simple DI can make you avoid the spike downthrow on the whole cast, so basically not that usefull. Can still catch people off guard thinking you'll do a down throw and DI badly if you do another type of throw. :)

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Basically you are on the edge d throwing. and they DI away. (fail) which kills them. If they are smart they will just DI in and it will just lead to a regular d throw tech chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom