• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab, Roll to Rest + Jab lock to rest

Glick

Smash Lord
Grab, Pummel, Pummel, Let release (horizontally), Roll towards them, Rest.

Easy to escape, can't be used more then once on a good player.

WORKS ON:
DK
SAMUS
KIRBY
PIKACHU
G&W
PIT
MK
SQUIRTLE
IVYSAUR
CHARIZARD
IKE
ICECLIMBERS
KING DDD
LUCAS
BOWSER
CAPTAIN FALCON

Heres the list:
Mario: NO
DK: YES
Link: NO
Samus: YES
Kirby: YES
Fox: NO
Pikachu: YES
Marth: NO
G&W: YES
Luigi: NO
Diddy: NO
Zelda+Sheik: NO
Pit: YES
MK: YES
Falco: NO
Squirtle: YES
Ivysaur: YES
Charizard: YES
Ike: YES
Snake: NO
Peach: NO
Yoshi: NO
Ganondorf: NO
Ice Climbers: YES
King DDD: YES
Wolf: NO
Lucario: NO
Ness: NO
Lucas: YES
Sonic: NO
Bowser: YES
Wario: NO
Toon Link: NO
ROB: NO
Olimar: NO
Craptain Falcon: YES
J-Money: NO

You can also just roll to rest. If you can calculate the space between you and your opponent and how far your roll takes you, you can try just rolling to rest.

This will get you punished, but is useful if you can't get close enough with them escaping and being a huge ***** with projectiles.

I wouldn't use it more then once on a good player, honestly.

When people land they can get rolled to rested much easier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jab-Lock to rest

VERY hard to do in a match.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wIP7QY0anuw
Just follow up with a rest if you catch them in a jab lock. Near impossible to hit the rest on people that dont have their head sticking out when they lay down. works on heavy characters almost always.

I didn't come up with this, I heard about it at a weekly I went to and I tried experimenting with it and I can do it.

I haven't mastered it during a match but its useful to know.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Never call C. Falcon, "craptain falcon" again. He may suck but he's still the manliness character in the game (as per voted on by the backroom :)).

Amide

Smash Lord
Never call C. Falcon, "craptain falcon" again. He may suck but he's still the manliness character in the game (as per voted on by the backroom :)).

But... You're not a backroomer, are you?

Glick

Smash Lord
Rolling into a good player ALWAYS gets you hit with like any move they choose.
Actually your wrong.
If your inside them (lol) and they do a fsmash you wont get hit(with some characters).
Especially with large characters.

And I only called C. Falcon Crapton falcon is because of some ****ty flash cartoon thats been stuck in my head. Captain falcon is the manliest man in the game.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I just did it today and it worked on a Yoshi player. And ur right, its only going to work once because they are unexpected of it. Only do it when their at high damage and your at low damage so you don't die if you miss.

Glick

Smash Lord
I just did it today and it worked on a Yoshi player. And ur right, its only going to work once because they are unexpected of it. Only do it when their at high damage and your at low damage so you don't die if you miss.
Its kind of hard to miss, because you know weather or not their going to make it out of your hitboxs in time or if they dont have enough time after they finish what their doing.

I mean if your new to the tech be cautious. I never worry about missing the rest. I worry about him escaping before I can do the rest.

EDIT:
Also, I just noticed that you said it worked on a yoshi?
Thats weird. Did you grab roll to rest? or just rolled to rest?

Glick

Smash Lord
I just grabed released and rolled and i was right inside of him.
He must have moved forward or something. Yoshis release gives him a big slide. when you roll into him your infront of him. Its situational, you can do this on anyone if they move into it, but you have a higher chance of hitting the people on my list.

Top Bottom