• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Armor - How does it work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

I'm wondering this, I would like to be able to abuse of grab armor, but it's only really coincidence when I happen to absorb (many times) fatal attacks.
And can a grab be interrupted OoS by doing a faster attack?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you get hit on the same frame (IIRC) as you grab somebody, you get grab armor. That's all there is to it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
^^^
Nothing more then taking priority over other quick moves like jabs and accidentally guarding against moves that would otherwise be fatal.

Take for example lucario.
His grab and his jab both start on frame 6.

Knowing this, if I were to get into an up close situation VS another lucario, i'd know to grab instead of jab, as the grab would take priority over the jab.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Woah I didn't know there were jabs this slow. Makes sense now :p

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Woah I didn't know there were jabs this slow. Makes sense now :p
Ehhh it's...
Kinda rare. Only others I can think of with jabs that slow are bowser and Ganon. I'm probably missing a few.
But yea.

Lucario generally has pretty lack luster start up for the majority of his moves.

Top Bottom