• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gotta Catch 'em All - Is it still Feasible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelociLink

Smash Rookie
Most everyone who has played at least one Pokémon game probably knows the original slogan/motto, "Gotta catch 'em all", but with this new generation of games the total number of Pokémon is now at 649. Is it really possible to actually catch them all?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
yes, but you need to have a bunch of events
also it helps a ton if you do a lot of stuff with roms/save editing to transfer large amounts of pokemon freely between the games

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There's a reason why they took off Gotta Catch 'em All as their slogan by the 3rd gen.

And it completely feasible. You have FR and LG as the games to get all the gen 1/2 pokemon, S/R/E as the games to get all the 3rd gen pokemon, and some gen 2 ones I believe, D/P/Pt as the games to get all the gen 4 pokemon, and gen V to get all the new ones.

It isn't impossible and can happen. You just need A LOT of time and friends who play the games

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's definitely still possible, I'm sure it was accomplished within 24 hours of the game's release with the way video game communities tend to go these days, but as Densebi said, there's a reason they got rid of the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" slogan -- it's not as possible as it once was.

Anyway, I don't really see the discussion of this thread going much of anywhere, since it's definitely possible to catch 'em all and it's not the slogan anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom