• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gorilla Games of North Florida presents - 5$ monthlies!

SAX

Smash Ace
Wanna get together between now and the tourney date then just let me know, free every single day after 3:00pm.

I live rather close to the venue, and I'm sure I can offer some type of housing as well if anybody NEEDS it.

Anyways, rather excited for this now.
YOOOOO

Just pm me your address and I'll see if i can make it over to play some. We could play some melee too. If you have Project M I'd be down for that too. My friend Ian has it, so I can see if he's free today too.

SAX

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter man. Just play it. You'll have fun, trust me. I can teach you basic stuff if needed.

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Awal: When I went to visit the venue one of the employees showed me the registration. No one had signed up early. So all I know is people who post here and say they are going are the ones that are going. Although I'm pretty sure there will be some random new players that come just for fun.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
no **** no1 signs up early

the turnout for the last one was about 20 (pretty much just pat's crew, luke/greg? (from orlando apparently), randoms and sax/me)

SAX

Smash Ace
OMG, I'm so excited it's tomorrow! I'm bringing a full car (me and 4 others) along. See you guys there :D
Yeah it's in two days haha. Saturday the 19th. Today in Thursday the 17th.

And when will singles start there? 3?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Aye I'm having a tourney June 9th! Any other games that you guys want there go to the thread and post!

From Tally

Me
Chess
SexPuma

From Pcola

SaintKai
Kewwky

When will teams start?

:sonic:

-kokiri-

Smash Cadet
@sax
yeah singles will probably be around 3. we have 4 TVs there now, but we need wiis if im not mistaken. I'm going to bring a smaller 5th tv incase, but im not even sure if theres an outlet for it >.>
the faster we get through singles, the faster we get to doubles :D

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
bring setups (wiis, tvs, surge protectors, etc.)

if you have a setup and you dont bring it **** you

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'll bring my wii and surge protector.

I have a tv but its huge and too huge to fit in my car. Its also lagless with brawl :D.

lmao @ Geoff.

EDIT: That also includes my copy of brawl with the wii XD

-kokiri-

Smash Cadet
not sure, but enough. a lot of randoms came last time, and some elementary kids. we showed little mercy -_-

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
GGs everyone. it was a lot of fun.

Too bad I never got to practice more with puma's snake or that other dude.

yall from tally mean buisness XD

and I suck XD

EDIT: Wish I knew what place I got >.>

EDIT 2: Awal.................ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
from what i know

1 puma
2 chess
3 awal

congrats to tally for the sweep!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
from what i know

1 puma
2 chess
3 awal

congrats to tally for the sweep!!
4 Goofball
5 Blake
5 Micheal/SSBBDaisy
7 Pit player... pretty legit
7 Papple/Calvo

Great tourney! Shoutouts soon!

Only issue I had was pot distribution :-/

Aside from that it was a perfect tourney!

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
blake doing well for himself 2 tourneys in a row. good to see

who was the pit?

and yea the pot distro is kinda piss poor (what was it btw? give me %'s)

for us last time it was %50 to first (which sax/i split and gave blake entry back) which honestly for a place trying to make money and a local community that just wants to compete/gain experience.. i don't see it as that bad (tho obviously even gigs was called out for pot **** while taking %15 cut)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah same this time

50% 1st & 50% Venue

I'm not complaining lol but Goofball & I talked 2 em

I keep forgetting that NFL as a whole is trying to gain its scene back... We gotta start having BEAST *** tourneys again!!!

Pit was GRN or... some1... I played him 2nd round.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wish Geoff would play me again.

If there is 1 matchup I want to get good at, its ICs vs Snake (on anywhere but FD).

I normally don't care about matchups but after this tourney I have a new "love/hate" relationship with snake.

Majority of my matches were vs snakes -_-

EDIT: Was blake that guy who also used ICs? I think he also used ZSS/Wario as well >.>

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Maybe just vs snake I wouldn't mind learning. I was close to beating puma both matches. But he out played me in the end. He too good >.<

I want to play more snakes now >.>

And after I had beaten chess in regular bracket I calmed down and tried to relax during the match LOL XD. Then he adapted and whooped my *** XD XD XD.

Damn I suck. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

EDIT: Also I learned a lesson ._.

Don't ****ing up air snake on platforms while he has nade in hand XD XD XD. OMG I can't tell u how many times I did that vs puma.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
And after I had beaten chess in regular bracket I calmed down and tried to relax during the match LOL XD. Then he adapted and whooped my *** XD XD XD.
EDIT: Also I learned a lesson ._.

Don't ****ing up air snake on platforms while he has nade in hand XD XD XD. OMG I can't tell u how many times I did that vs puma.
Lol u didn't do bad. U jus dropped grabs. Chess had 4gotten how 2 do the MU so he lost and ran thru bracket. Chess adapts fast AF!

Puma was just... 2 gud all tourney. Only person that took a match off of him was Chess(beatin him 3-0 in GFset1 n then Puma won 3-1).

We gotta polish up if we want 2 beat some1 of Puma's calibur.

ShinChan92

Smash Cadet
It was great seeing everyone at the tourney and I had a lot of fun! I hope to get to visit awal in tally next month and see how that goes ^_^

Top Bottom