• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gordo Frequency?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Is there a set Frequency of gordo's that DDD will throw? If there is a certain expectancy or waddle counting technique do try and maximize use i'd love to know, i didn't see anything in the guides so i figured the worst that could happen was be flamed. Anyone know??

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
Oh, this helps. So it's that frequent? A, well. I love it when gordos pop out. Nobody ever seems to have their shield up when they show up! =D

J4pu

Smash Champion
My gordos always get dodged by the luckiest circumstances, like sonic going from standing up to charging his roll and it just barely going over the top of him
and then my friend laughs of course because he didn't even do it on purpose

Timbers

check me out
I saw a thread about this before but I can't remember the odds. I'll look for it.

Edit: I found it :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162968&highlight=waddle+gordo
That's reassuring. So it is 1:12.
Oh, this helps. So it's that frequent? A, well. I love it when gordos pop out. Nobody ever seems to have their shield up when they show up! =D
What I thought when I first heard about it. But then I realized it's not that interesting. Some players don't even use their waddle toss 12 times in a match. Added on that it's merely a ratio. I was playing around with it when I first heard about it. My first set took me 13 throws to get a gordo, second set was 7, third was 39, and fourth was like 25(?).

It's still rare. Plus if you're spamming waddles, you're aiming at them with a waddle's trajectory. If you get a gordo, most of the time it's going to fly right over their head.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
I play against Falco and Olimar ALOT so i normally throw them as meat shields for those pesky projectiles, so i actually aim in front of them, when gordo comes up it's quite satisfying, was also wondering the odds to try and count during matches but theres no guarantee so i'm not gonna start. Thanks everyone for the help.

Timbers

check me out
I play against Falco and Olimar ALOT so i normally throw them as meat shields for those pesky projectiles, so i actually aim in front of them, when gordo comes up it's quite satisfying, was also wondering the odds to try and count during matches but theres no guarantee so i'm not gonna start. Thanks everyone for the help.
I think Falco can just as easily SHL over the waddles, but it stops him from outright camping you so I guess that's a plus lol.

Also yeah waddles are your best friend against the quicker/smaller characters.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
ya falco is a really tough matchup but i figure its good for me to play it against my friends for practice anyway

null55

Smash Master
The frequencies of Waddle Dees, Doos, and Gordos are all on the Dojo website.

Top Bottom