• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey Bomb = the main character from Smartball/Jelly Boy (SNES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I hope I'm not the only one here who ever played Smartball (it's very obscure) but I think the Gooey Bomb might be a cameo from Smartball, which was a Super Nintendo game. Smartball was also known as Jelly Boy (Japan) or Jerry Boy (also Japan).

So basically, Smartball was a round gooey character who usually had a red circle (a ball that he swallows and uses as a weapon) inside him. Only difference is that Smartball was blue and the gooey bomb is pink. Smartball could stick to walls and ceilings, and he killed enemies by jumping on top of them and absorbing them.

What do you think?

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
<_< Just saw your post on gamefaqs. When did it come out? Was it never brought to america?

crazyq42

Smash Rookie
it's plausible but unlikely sakurai probaly thought of the gooey bomb from his imagination

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I think it was released in 1991/92. I'm not sure. It was released in the US, I remember playing it (and being slightly creeped out by it) as a kid.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
hah, I actually have smart ball for my SNES. It's pretty fun, and weird as hell. Don't think that's the inspiration for the gooey ball though, Jerry never exploded :p

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
i think the gooey bomb is a copy off of the sticky grenades in halo to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom