• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goodbye testosterone

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
He did seem to give some of his testosterone to Ike, (big growly taunts ftw) but he seems evil, and BA as ever.

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
Gannon = Pwnage. This will never change. And he looks like a beast in his TP design. Just wait til he wrecks you Online.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
yo, what the hell are you talking about? hes def better than he was in melee.

plus, he has man fat.

i actually don't really know how the man fat part made sense. point is, if i saw him, i'd freakin run.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
ganon will be just fine, trust me.
I mean, his taunts alone are awesome enough to win matches, much less his actual fighting.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's called OLD MANNONDORF.

And Wolf is the manliest character out of everyone in the cast. Ganondorf's voice is too high pitched this time around, and he fat. :( I really hate his TP design.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i'm pretty sure its grandpadorf.

o yeah, and TP ganon has already proved his maniless. in the end of TP, he gets stabbed on the ground and then gets up to die standing up.

if any of you (or myself) do that, THEN we can call him a wimp.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WOW So u prefer the crappy suit he had in melee over his sick armor in brawl
yeah then ur gonna tell me doc ock looks better as he did in the 60s than currently...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
OP is right, Ganon was like ten times as gangsta in Melee than in Brawl...in Brawl he runs like Samus did in Melee >_>

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
i'm pretty sure its grandpadorf.

o yeah, and TP ganon has already proved his maniless. in the end of TP, he gets stabbed on the ground and then gets up to die standing up.

if any of you (or myself) do that, THEN we can call him a wimp.
You forgot the scene where he gets a sword in the gut, then gets it out to kill some more after breaking his chains.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to say that Ganondorf remains the manliest character in the SSB series and looks many times more awesome than his random SSBM design.

Also of note, this is probably the fifth or sixth topic about Ganondorf's apperance in SSBB and we're flying towards 80+ posts about how he runs.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, lol, that origianl post fails. I've yet to see a good Brawl player. They're all still n00bs at the game, and will be, until 2008 or 2009! :laugh:

Last I checked, Roy was considered the best in Melee, along with Link, while Marth was slated at average, and Ice Climbers were considered one of the worst characters in the game, while Zelda was considered one of the best.

Now, Roy is ranked 16th out of 26, with Link in the dead center. Marth is 4th highest, the Ice Climbers are about 9th or 10th highest at least, and Zelda is in the bottom 6. The same will happen with Brawl, fools

History has a way of repeating itself, after all. ;)

Stop jumping on bandwaggons like morons. THERE ARE NO PRO BRAWL PLAYERS! THERE WON'T BE UNTIL LATE 2008, OR 2009!

So shut up with your tier complaints, and stop complaining. I've yet to see anyone NOT SUCK BALLS AT BRAWL, compared to how good the best are at Melee! We haven't even BEGUN TO MAKE THE BRAWL META-GAME! :laugh:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Woaw, lol, that origianl post fails. I've yet to see a good Brawl player. They're all still n00bs at the game, and will be, until 2008 or 2009! :laugh:

Last I checked, Roy was considered the best in Melee, along with Link, while Marth was slated at average, and Ice Climbers were considered one of the worst characters in the game, while Zelda was considered one of the best.

Now, Roy is ranked 16th out of 26, with Link in the dead center. Marth is 4th highest, the Ice Climbers are about 9th or 10th highest at least, and Zelda is in the bottom 6. The same will happen with Brawl, fools

History has a way of repeating itself, after all. ;)

Stop jumping on bandwaggons like morons. THERE ARE NO PRO BRAWL PLAYERS! THERE WON'T BE UNTIL LATE 2008, OR 2009!

So shut up with your tier complaints, and stop complaining. I've yet to see anyone NOT SUCK BALLS AT BRAWL, compared to how good the best are at Melee! We haven't even BEGUN TO MAKE THE BRAWL META-GAME! :laugh:
This man speaks the truth.

Here's a cookie for you Johnknight1:

Edit:
Ike and Snake are more manly than Ganon, sorry. Heck maybe even Wario >_> He rides a hog!
Wario is the manliest of all.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is still beastly and Grampadorf.....ya pretty **** badass

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Let me reiterate in saying i dont like the way in which he is played now, he was a slow character that you could make deceiving fast and some what tricky plus the punishments were enough to get me erect. That being said i lose man-factor in not wanting to play him

and to those who think some amazing tech skill is going to unearth itself in a year like it did in melee, you are either a hopeful or an idiot, sorry. When a game with the second biggest fan base in the gaming world (halo being 1st) is then clashed with a hail storm of a bunch of new players, you get a game with little secrets real fast. People have already broken down the game to find techs before it was even released in USA, which it still isnt out yet 3/9 i believe its expected. Regardless the transition from SSB64 to melee wasnt as abundant in advanced technical players as Melee is to Brawl.

on that heart felt note: linguini what do you think of ganon? if you ever get to see this.
i already pretty much agree with tipman, he aint what he used to be :(

Edit: an attempt to try to make this topic as intellectual as humanly possible lets try posting something useful

a bad example being: "Your first post is stupid because i like d↕ck" such as the previous idiotic replies ive read with flaming intent thus far

a good example being: Why is ganon better in brawl than he is in melee? What makes ganon good in brawl period? I dont care if its because 1 of his color schemes looks cool, just give a good reason. From what i can see he lost his U-air edge guard for easy gimps ( which every character lost its edgeguarding so no biggy) and the u-air as a whole doesnt look as good as far has the hitboxes go. his fair has craaaazy nasty lag on landing unless you finish the full attack frames before you hit the ground destroying his punishing game. he did however receive a pretty beastly forward B allowing alot of stupidly easy tech chases. I dont find the decreased lag on his down B something to go nuts about but is worthy of mention. As a whole he just doesnt look nearly as good, sorry for those who dont think so or are hyped up zealots of the ganon persuasion.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Let me reliterate in saying i dont like the way in which he is played now, he was a slow character that you could make deceiving fast and some what tricky plus the punishments were enough to get me erect. That being said i lose man-factor in not wanting to play him
Thread title disagrees, thats not what you meant at all.

:034:

Smash Hero
We need some moderation in the Ganon boards...

Seriously, now we have like three/four threads discussing Ganondorf's new appearance. One of them is enough (and actually already too much, but you guys just looooove to complain).

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Alright now from experiencing it for myself rather than seeing videos i still find him lacking in what im looking for, however from what ive seen hes not incredibly bad, but far from solid.

this is a list of note worthy mentions in changes and similarities i noticed while playing

up+b= more height than before with an ability to sweetspot the ledge before he hits the apex of his jump, useful. It can still be performed straight out of shield and has just as good priority as before if not better.

down+b= can no longer use this move when knocked off the stage to receive your jump back, using this move off the stage trying to recover will ultimately kill you it sends you practically straight down. Due to his and everyones ability to sweet spot better as well as less likely to get edge guarded this isnt such a big loss. Less lag on finish.

Forward+b= cant shield it counts as a grab, sends opponents straight down leading to retardedly simple tech follows, how ever still far from spammable a simple jump or spot dodge still leaves you in a small but punishable lag. Can use it to get back to the ledge unlike in melee.

neutral-a = not good with setups or mindgames as before

f-air= laggy as hell unless all attack frames are done in the air before landing. Not nearly as spammable as in melee.

b-air= amazing just as fast and deadly

u-air= for some reason lost its feel, not even remotely near as good as the potential was in melee.

d-air= makes you feel like a true man when landing it, all other times (which will be frequent unless your opponent is half ********) leaves you helplessly lagged unless just like f-air all attack frames must be finished mid-air before landing.

His priority decent but not nearly as good as it was before having b-air and u-air being slightly disjointed as they were in melee. but like i said alot of people who used to have those disjointed hits were taken away. In the end the reality is this game definitlely has a different feel to it with the odd possibility of most of the old mindgames that didnt revolve around the recently deceased techs we all knew and loved. Characters just seem so different because they must be played different, those who are thinking they are going to pick up there old mains and think of them the same is in for something different. Me? im digging some Ike action, for those of you who are going to remain loyal to ganon: hey more power to you, good luck.

Ganon, i did love you so...even if it was in the most homosexual way possible

rykall

Smash Cadet
Wait, you mean that a friggin' long nose, a high hairline and wearing a thong above your pants is manlier than a normal nose, awesome pants and a friggin' cool haircut? Bullcrap.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Ganon looks pretty **** aweful in brawl, pity

goodbye manly-ness

im sure your mother has enough testosterone to spare to ganon.
BRAWL is not MELEE, follow me here, that means ?????? BRAWL, is a different GAME, from MELEE!

completely different, every character is completely different too.
get with it or get owned by the new stage of ganon

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
im sure your mother has enough testosterone to spare to ganon.
BRAWL is not MELEE, follow me here, that means ?????? BRAWL, is a different GAME, from MELEE!

completely different, every character is completely different too.
get with it or get owned by the new stage of ganon
Brawl is not Melee I know but that doesn't stop Ganon have having stupid animations on most of his moves and his run.

Top Bottom