• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Seconds?

Sillybananas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3711-9416-4590
I'm certain after playing for a while that I'll be maining Lucina for a long time. I have untold amounts of fun with her, and after playing Awakening, this is as good as it gets for representation.

But after enough games, I start to see the flaws and wonder, who would be a good second to main?

I have little to no experience with most of the cast besides Lucina and Mario, so I need some advice here.

Who can I turn to as a second?

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
It honestly depends on who you want to play. Lucina is one of the faster characters in the roster, so if you're into that you should give fox, ZSS, or greninja a try. Obviously, Marth is a Lucina clone plays very similar to Lucina so that's always a safe option. Otherwise, try around with others and see if you find them fun to play.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anybody you want.

I'm not even being facetious here. Play whatever character you like best and just have fun. It doesn't have to be like Lucina or act as her thematic foil or anything. I play the likes of Pit and Lucina, but I also like R.O.B. and Ludwig. So really, consistency isn't necessary here. Just do what you like and have fun when you play~

Master Raven

Smash Master
If you want to win, wait until the 1st or 2nd tier list and second whichever top tier covers the most amount of her bad matchups.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
Ike because hero crit upB

I kinda fall back on captain falcon for style points or link because im sorta comfortable with him from the demo

Playing lucina has also made me really antsy and defensive when I play someone with a counter as someone without one

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lucina is actually one of my mains in the game but not my #1 main. That one goes to Rosalina and I consider Lucina and my other 3 characters you see in my signature as secondaries.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Marth is kind of an automatic second, since he and Lucina play so similarly. If you're comfortable with Lucina, you should be able to play Marth at a similar level, you just need to be a bit more careful with spacing so you land tippers (not that spacing is unimportant for Lucina, she just doesn't always have to be a sword's length away to deal maximum damage).
For my part, I've been playing a lot of Captain Falcon and Robin, and they seem to cover what Lucina/Marth can't for me, mostly.

Top Bottom