• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Secondary?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Been maining Gdub since WiiU dropped, been messing with DK, Doc, Ganon but I was wondering for a competitive perspective if there are any good secondaries to cover his bd matchups, or plays in a similar way that will translate well

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
I find myself using a combination of :4duckhunt:,:4jigglypuff:, and :4pacman: lately. They don't necessarily cover all the bad matchups but Jiggs was relatively easy and DHD was a great addition (considering he has better zoning tools and has great pokes/grab followups). Someone else can probably give you a better idea though.

Mr. Odd

Smash Cadet
My secondaries are ROB and Jigglypuff. I haven't had to bring the Jiggs out in a tournament yet, but when I bring ROB, it seems to really throw my opponents off.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Mega Man might cover a lot of bad match-ups, except for maybe Sheik. He destroys Dedede, a character which gives Game & Watch hell.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Mega Man might cover a lot of bad match-ups, except for maybe Sheik. He destroys Dedede, a character which gives Game & Watch hell.
Good to know, my roomate plays megaman so I'm farmiliar with his strategies and I've been dabbling with him lately. I find that Doc helps me play a more well-rounded Gdub too (due to how grounded he is, I was playing too much aerial gdub). I'll start working megaman into the rotation more in singles

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing is to cover Fox. Fox is bad against characters with easy throw kill methods - take that as you will.

Falcon can't be covered, at least in theory. The community still doesn't realize that he's the theoretical best character in the game when played perfectly. You have to instead CP based on opponent habits and this has to be done in real time. It's good to learn as many characters as possible for this alone.

For similar reasons, you can't CP Diddy or Sonic. Really, just pick a throw kill character for Fox. That's the best you can do.

edit: And don't pick up Jiggs as a G&W main. The similar, aerial-focused playstyle is very tempting, but she's actually even worse than G&W in this game, and she will offer you nothing except a slightly easier time against DeDeDe, who isn't even a problem for G&W in theory.

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing is to cover Fox. Fox is bad against characters with easy throw kill methods - take that as you will.

Falcon can't be covered, at least in theory. The community still doesn't realize that he's the theoretical best character in the game when played perfectly.
You know, I just started to use Falcon like a week ago, and I'm pretty good with him, I havent's lose a match yet (For Glory) and My mains are Sonic And Mario, but I've been used Mario since smash 64 and Sonic on Brawl, Falcon only on melee, so there's been time since I'd use him so you might be right

Top Bottom