• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good partners 4 Bowser on teams

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for opinions on what are good characters that partner up well with Bowser. I'm pretty sure half of you will say anybody above Bowser haha. But seriously usually when I go have a team match throwdown on some nights I always hit my partner. Thing is the only reason I hit them is because I'm use to fighting that particular character so much it's instinct ala Fox/Falco/Samus.

So besides those characters who partners up well with the way Bowser plays? So I won't end up killing them, and I have no way to save them because If I do I might get shined off the stage. We usually play against a Fox/Falco team and a Peach/Jigglypuff team. I was thinking Marth and Bowser might be a pretty good squad. Maybe Jigglypuff and Bowser sounds good. One more thing, what are some good counterpick stages for Bowser on teams? What do you suggest?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
obviously another bowser...<_<

I'd say you want someone who can get people off the stage and then occupy the other teammate while bowser edgeguards. So Sheik, fox, or marht would be my suggestion. But I'm a n00b when it comes to team games, so don't listen to me

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I see. Like I said before Marth and Bowser sounds good. So I'll probably try that. The guys I play with are not to hot with Marth only one of them are and he is my sworn enemy when we have team nights. And it's been that way for 3 years. lol. Sometimes I do partner up with him though. I mostly work with a Samus main if that helps any.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Kirby. hes small and unlikley to get hit by you and hes weak and unlikely to hit you. also both are good at edgeguarding. i teamed with a boozer when i was kirby and we owned. nuf ced.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
po dogy--no one listens to him <_<

dogy--there may not be a magical team, but one does want a teammate that can round the team out more. Although no one actually plays team games with this in mind, when people do they can generally do better.

everyone else--Dogy is right though..most of the time it doesn't matter who your teammate is. The people I suggested just happen to be high tier people that work well on any team <_<

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
Yeah kirby sounds good, with weak attacks that can setup for your strong ones, pluz he cant hit u hard if he does accidentley...

Then all u would need to do is find someone who actually plays as kirby :laugh:

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
po dogy--no one listens to him <_<

dogy--there may not be a magical team, but one does want a teammate that can round the team out more. Although no one actually plays team games with this in mind, when people do they can generally do better.

everyone else--Dogy is right though..most of the time it doesn't matter who your teammate is. The people I suggested just happen to be high tier people that work well on any team <_<
yes understood. lol @ dogy. Don't take it to heart bud. I just like to win while having a challenge. And what way to increase my game with my better characters than by owning with King---no--Lord Koopa himself?:cool:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh im not offended at all. infact, im kinda used to getting my *** kicked around by a certain bowser/lowtier main --glare at reflex--

__

i was just offering my 10 cents of advice.
>.>

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
: ) lol is that right? If there's one thing I know. Losing to something you feel in your heart you can beat and then lose sux. It happens when I fight Falco then spamin' B whips me good.

Falco= Crank that Lazor Boy...

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I've found captain falcon and Bowser make a great team. My friend has a crazy falcon, I provide protection with bowser giant mass and he distracts my opponents with his super fast l canceled attacks, allowing me to sneak in and land a fsmash. I gotta be careful to not get knee'd by my own partner though..

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
Yeah, C.Falcon is a really nice partner. Klaw -> Knee works wonders.

Although I've found Ganon to be extremely effective. Both Boozer and Ganon hit quite hard, which is quite helpful. And since both of them are fat, you can hit the other a few times and still be okay.

Also, Klaw -> Ganon Fair/Dair are quite effective when you can pull them off.

Top Bottom