• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Partner for Doc?

UFO Hawk

Smash Cadet
I am a good doc player and my friend and i want to make a good team combo. He is good with everyone and i want to know who would be the best character to complement doc?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I personally team very well with falcos. Doc's up b does wonders in maximizing falco's normally shoddy recovery, and alternatively doc is very easy to shine-recover by falco. Also Falco and Doc is a pretty dynamic team, in that both characters have distinct advantages over just about any other team. By that I mean if your team was Doc and Peach, a team of Marth and Fox would counter you really hard, but that team wouldn't counter Doc and Falco very much. You'd be at a slight disadvantage but, considering the huge benefits in recovery assistance, Falco is in my opinion probably the most versatile partner Doc can get.

mario madman

Smash Cadet
ummm i choose to tag team with my freind and he plays as kirb y mewtwo and bowser and we do really good with the doc-kirby combo so there

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
At the last tournament i went to, my friend and I did alot of friendlies with our team of doc and mario. surprisingly, we did really well. both characters are similar and different, and i think they complement each other nicely. very similar movesets, but different effects makes them a similar/different team at the same time. its weird, but it worked really well for me

AS Money

Smash Lord
its not what character but what person you team best with

i can do well with falcos just not with DrapE's falco and non of our characters team well with each other its more of a personal style than the character you use

Galeon

Smash Ace
and when you find that perfect partner, still some of their characters will team up better with your Doc (espec if they have a good Mario ;) )

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't know enough about teams to really suggest a partner that compliments Doc well, as I am in somewhat of the same boat as you.

But let me relate this to tiers and in terms you can understand.

We'll take a high tier, Marth, and a bottom tier, Mr. Game and Watch.

Now, the favors are tipped towards Marth, so that means the Game and Watch has to be better than the Marth by a large margin in order to win, where as if they were both Marth they'd be on an even playing field and whoever is better wins.

It's similar in terms of teams. You need to have a partner whose style you know and you can cooperate with. But then you take into effect their character. You're going to do better with a partner you cooperate with using a character that compliments Doc more than the same person using a character that doesn't compliment Doc so much. It would also be the same if you didn't know your partner well, yet he used a character that compliments Doc really well. You wouldn't do great with him because you don't know his style.

It's like mindgames and technical skills. Mindgames are a major part of the game, but in order to open your options for mind games you need better tech skill. They effect one another directly. Same with your partner and the character he chooses.

I hope I worded that so you can understand.

Top Bottom