• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good old classic fox and falco battle/florida technical players-ADHDand Syk0

GOTM

Smash Champion
for fox players on falco, especially is the falco is good, its hard to get your barings straight sometimes, i think thats what happened to you from the beginning of that match.

try and CG falco, you can completely **** him, especially on FD. if you miss a grab, you can get him again afte he techs, lol, fox is soo fast

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
thats true. don't know why i never thought of doing that. yeah, i wasn't able to stop him. that was my problem. by the way, whats CG?

GOTM

Smash Champion
chaingrabbing. remember to jump cancel your grabs though. just get used to the time timing and you can pretty much CG him to death

Eggz

Smash Hero
I didn't even watch, but I'm just gonna say it cuz I have to..

You're not technical unless you're Shiz, SpeedN, or from Washington.

Possible exemptions = Forward, XIF, M2K, and PC Chris

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord

lolololololololol

The first vid is Samus/Falco

Syk0

Smash Journeyman

well, watch the match, just maybe you'll reconsider...:)

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
actually no, your not as techincal as they are. eggz is correct.
listen man, im not saying as technical as they. he posted that the only players he considered technical, at all, were shiz and the others he mentioned. all im saying is that i am technical. i know im not on there level. if i thought i was, i wouldn't need to post any vids up asking for advice, ya dig?:)

and guys, some real advice, please?:)

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
There's almost no point in showing off your technicality these days.

People are so hard to impress.

ps: its wolf's fault

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
^ Its true. Technical minus mindgames = Spacies on auto-pilot.

You're going to eat alot of attacks and get outplayed really, really easily.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Its not like you can either have one or the other lol

Tired of people assuming technical people aren't smart. Last I checked, the most technical players also happen to **** like everyone lol.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
yeah, im sick of hearing that too. people are always saying that. honest opinion though, which category do you guys think i fall into. the technical, or mind game, and don't compare me to your self, just look at it if you were me.

ZoSo

Smash Champion

LOL. Cort poops all over XIF.

And M2K poops all over everybody, for that matter.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
so, you think im flashy, rather than technical? well, i have heard that before. do i know you?

Gnes

Smash Master
Syko...u should learn thunders combo....it works well against falco....thats all i have to say...more better players can tell u better advice

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
thunder what? see, now we're talking. enlighten me please.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL I thought people were done pretending Silent Wolf isn't infinitely more technical than everyone else.
LOL. Cort poops all over XIF.

And M2K poops all over everybody, for that matter.
I actually forgot Cort. My bad. Corts peach is my favorite in every way.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
LOL I thought people were done pretending Silent Wolf isn't infinitely more technical than everyone else.
I consider certain other players (PC Chris, M2K, KDJ) to be more technical because they apply their technical proficiency to actually being good at the game (see: never messing up). I'm sure Silent Wolf can do more silly, flashy (see: pointless) things than them, but that kind of thing just... doesn't really matter to me, I guess. I'm not saying I don't think he's good, either.

I actually forgot Cort. My bad. Corts peach is my favorite in every way.
Word.

I consider certain other players (PC Chris, M2K, KDJ) to be more technical because they apply their technical proficiency to actually being good at the game (see: never messing up). I'm sure Silent Wolf can do more silly, flashy (see: pointless) things than them, but that kind of thing just... doesn't really matter to me, I guess. I'm not saying I don't think he's good, either.

Word.
LOL. What the **** are you saying?
I know how to apply my technical skill better than anyone. I just don't have the mindgames to get things going. You can't just say that technical skill that doesn't help you, isn't technical skill, lol. What the **** is that? technical skill is being able to do really hard things, be consistent with them, and apply them when the time is right. Just because I don't get to start fat combos and stuff in front of you or whoever else doesn't mean I can't lol.
I'm tired of people saying things like "PC is the most technical because he never messes up". How would that count for anything if nothing you do is hard, at all...? technically speaking of course, I'm not saying nothing he does is hard, lie beating M2K and such. Can't wait to release my new video and shut everyone the **** up.

EDIT - Nothing personal either.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
technical skill is being able to do really hard things, be consistent with them, and apply them when the time is right.
It seems to me that the right time would be whenever it will win you a match. Also, I would argue that doing simple/marginally difficult things perfectly when it actually matters is more impressive than doing really complicated things when there's nothing on the line, not only because of the level of pressure involved, but because it demonstrates flexibility and mental agility in addition to manual dexterity.

Just because I don't get to start fat combos and stuff in front of you or whoever else doesn't mean I can't lol.
Again, I never said that you aren't capable of impressive things. In terms of just manipulating a character on the screen, I think you very well could be "more technical" than PC/M2K/et cetera. I just think that they do more impressive things within the context of actually playing the game well.

I think a lot of this comes from my preoccupation with music (my day job, so to speak). I see a lot of videos on Youtube of guitar players who basically just move their fingers really fast and play complete drivel. Compared to somebody like John McLaughlin, for example, these "shredders" do nothing for me beyond just provoking a sort of knee-jerk "OMFG" reaction that quickly turns to disinterest. I suppose this couldn't really be considered a proper analogy because music is so subjective whereas Smash is simple black and white win or lose, but what I'm trying to say that is that McLaughlin's playing will always be more impressive to me because he uses his formidable technical facility to the end of actually communicating something of substance to the listener, rather than just trying to be as flashy as possible.

I'm not saying nothing he does is hard, lie beating M2K and such.
It's a hell of a lot harder than pushing buttons really fast.

P.S. We should play at Smashtaclysm and why are you using XIF's sig?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It seems to me that the right time would be whenever it will win you a match. Also, I would argue that doing simple/marginally difficult things perfectly when it actually matters is more impressive than doing really complicated things when there's nothing on the line, not only because of the level of pressure involved, but because it demonstrates flexibility and mental agility in addition to manual dexterity.

Again, I never said that you aren't capable of impressive things. In terms of just manipulating a character on the screen, I think you very well could be "more technical" than PC/M2K/et cetera. I just think that they do more impressive things within the context of actually playing the game well.

I think a lot of this comes from my preoccupation with music (my day job, so to speak). I see a lot of videos on Youtube of guitar players who basically just move their fingers really fast and play complete drivel. Compared to somebody like John McLaughlin, for example, these "shredders" do nothing for me beyond just provoking a sort of knee-jerk "OMFG" reaction that quickly turns to disinterest. I suppose this couldn't really be considered a proper analogy because music is so subjective whereas Smash is simple black and white win or lose, but what I'm trying to say that is that McLaughlin's playing will always be more impressive to me because he uses his formidable technical facility to the end of actually communicating something of substance to the listener, rather than just trying to be as flashy as possible.

It's a hell of a lot harder than pushing buttons really fast.

P.S. We should play at Smashtaclysm and why are you using XIF's sig?
tl;dr seriously

Purty sure Ive done more impressive things on ppl like PC than I've seen anyone else do.
whatever, lets stop spamming this guys thread. yeah, we'll play at Smastaclysm.

Top Bottom