• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good NIL on Dreamland

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Full hop instant bair on dreamlands lower platforms results in a no impact landing. It's a good tool for covering tech options when a fastfaller lands on the platform after a chaingrab or uair. The bair can cover tech in place + no tech or a directional tech depending on where they are and theres so little lag afterwards that you can potentially react to other options afterwards specifically tech away.

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
I think you must be talking bout bairing frame 1 airborne to lower the overall fullhop height, and then land in autocancel frames. That wouldn't be a NIL because you get an impact land with 4 frames of landing lag. If you are talking bout bairing any frame after that, it will be a NIL but it'd be the same NIL you get from just fullhopping. Frame 1 bair would still be faster though because you land much sooner.

fullhop bair frame 1 > act on 33
fullhop bair frame 2 > act on 37

but in terms of getting to the platform quickly upair AI is much faster

fullhop upair AI > act on 26
fullhop upair AIA > hitbox on 22 > land the following frame after hitlag

Its also worth noting that upair AIA has a 3 frame window on Dreamland, which is much better then the frame 1 window everywhere else.

Not to take away from your suggestion. Bair's hitbox stays out for quit a while and extends pretty far. The marios dont have an easy time getting to platforms so I can definitely see it being a solid option for dreamlands high platforms.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, what do you mean by Fullhop uair AI and Fullhop uair AIA? I'd like to try those out. Also bair lowers the fulljump height but only if done the first airborne frame?? That sounds crazy, do any other moves work like thatt? The bair I've been doing NILs but I'm interested in the faster options.

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
An AI is an Aerial Interrupt, which is where you perform an aerial to manipulate your ECB to land in ways you could not without using the aerial, normally when rising above a platform. An AIA is an Aerial Interrupt Attack is the same thing, but has a hitbox before the ECB dips downward to land, I only know of 2 in the game, doc/mario's upair and pichu's nair (+ a couple pseudo ones).

Using an aerial or special on the first frame airborne of shorthop or fullhop for any character will decrease your initial velocity and so will lower your height gained. Generally it goes -1 frame of shorthop, -2 frames of fullhop.

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
An AI is an Aerial Interrupt, which is where you perform an aerial to manipulate your ECB to land in ways you could not without using the aerial, normally when rising above a platform. An AIA is an Aerial Interrupt Attack is the same thing, but has a hitbox before the ECB dips downward to land, I only know of 2 in the game, doc/mario's upair and pichu's nair (+ a couple pseudo ones).

Using an aerial or special on the first frame airborne of shorthop or fullhop for any character will decrease your initial velocity and so will lower your height gained. Generally it goes -1 frame of shorthop, -2 frames of fullhop.
Long time ago but Samus has some neat AIA stuff with Uair

Top Bottom