• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Lucas Strategy

PkStars

Smash Rookie
Does anybody have good Lucas strategies that DON'T require the b-stick. The b-stick techniques seem a bit innefective when actually fighting, and the smash attacks are a lot easier with the regular c-stick.

PkStars

Smash Rookie
Yes, air to tilts is a very effective Lucas combo. Is his projectile game as useful as the Mothers Boys thread says it is?

Levitas

the moon
it's a good tool for zoning. even if you don't do much damage, it makes the opponent's life that much more difficult when they want to approach.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Basically, it lets him jump forward, PK Fire, and return to his original position. Unless they have a projectile of their own or godly spotdoging/airdodging skills, it's unpunishable. It also makes his special-based ATs easier, from what I've seen (especially Thundersliding).

EDIT: Good <insert deity here>, I should be in bed by now. >_<

Trozz

Smash Ace
You don't need to b-stick. Lucas's forward smash is great; keep it on c-stick and you can quickly reflect projectiles or get kills.

I'd advise against using f-air for air approaches. It has a really short damage window (unlike Ness's), so you have to be really good with your timing to land it.

linksys1221

Smash Rookie
once you get your target up to around a 100% you can up smash attack them and if u did it right an instant k.o.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
^^^ Need to laugh. Hard. Lol.

Anyway, minus B-stick, there's no Zap Jump, but still Nair->Ftilt is pretty darn good, and you do want that stick Fsmash. PKF from a dash to punish enemy landing lag, follow up with SH-Nair to Ftilt and then edgeguard with PKT or even Freeze if they have a short airdodge and are coming from above. PKT is usually more reliable, though.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
To be fair you can Zap Jump if you've set specials to the R trigger. Makes it much easier IMO. Keeps your fingers in the same position.

The main one like someone above said is his Up + A attack, it can kill MOST characters at just 90%! If you Meteor it full, 70%. I only recommend Up + A if you KNOW you're going to get a hit orr if you're in a FFA.

Trozz

Smash Ace
^^^ Truth. ^^^

Some people underestimate the massive size of the u-smash hitbox/duration and wind up getting hit by it anyway.

Seanson

Smash Ace
default controls are fine, b sticking is a bit silly cause you can't follow up with anything. zap jumping is easy with just hitting both b and jump with a quick slide of the thumb.

Veng

Smash Ace
I myself find me suffering from B-Sticking an a tourney. I end up using it A. To much or B. Ineffectively and they spot it then get a free grab/smash

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
B-sticking pushes Lucas very far back providing a great defense. It's great for PKF pestering and spacing.

You dont need to B-stick to Zap jump BTW, but I still reccommend it.

There are ways to play Lucas without the B-stick though. His dair is a great approach that I use often. If you use it immediately after doing a full jump, you can double jump and use one again before landing.

Chuey

Smash Rookie
I also love using Dair for an approach, , if you hit, it's hard to punish. Zap jumping is easy with R Set to special.

So the advantages of B-Sticking are wavebounce PKF, and RAR Bair which no one has mentioned yet. It takes a lot of practice, but using the B stick to RARBair, can prove a good approch and brilliant spiker.

Top Bottom