• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good god, Falco's freakin' chainthrow!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
My pika loves me unconditionally.

On a more serious note, I have been testing out the DI theory. So far I have not had any luck.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah, things are looking bad. I'm gonna be a sad panda if no one finds a way out of this cg.

I need someone to test this out. Try double sticking down. I was able to get out of my friends cg around 18% on a pretty consistent basis, but I would like someone else to try because he may or may not have be timing his cg right. I am gonna go ahead and assume this was just luck since so many other people have been trying to figure out ways to break the grab.

Aight, scratch that. It looks like I was just getting lucky. The search continues.

Yataku

Smash Cadet
Its very easy to excape a chain grab with pika and falco =3
I dont know if anyone has already havethis answer but.. Al you haveto do is jump o_o I noramlly get away the second time they try to grab me but Im never caught more then three time.
YOu end up jumping of his head and leavinghim open for any move.
I love pissing my friend off wit that

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I can usually get out of falco's chain between 2-3 if I Smash DI up diagnol and away from him, maybe with a jump or an air dodge in there too at the same time. Pretty consistently works for me...I might just be against bad falcos, but they can't be that bad

Yataku

Smash Cadet
Can anyone here record. Its so simple it will onyl take a second oO

Yataku

Smash Cadet
And I just tested it against a really good falco, you can break out of it with 0% damage
With with Pit and Peach as well( My other mains who I have went against falco with). Im sure it works with more. I know pika also works with other chain grabs because I have done it as well

=/ And as posted above, I will be more then happy to record if someone has a cam. But you can just try it your self

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Would you tell how you did it, and then hopefully we can get a video later? Just wondering if its the buttons or the DI or both that gets it

Yataku

Smash Cadet
I tried doing the way I posted but because of recording off a TV it got ruined. Well while trying diffrent things I found a even better way to break the chain ^_^

I made a video but its bad quality. Maybe one of you can remake it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36S3OEBUBXs

gallax

Smash Hero
listen dude. i am gonna try a bunch of tihngs i've heard about falco in the past few days so i am definately going to remake this for ya. i have a few vids to record so its no big deal.

Yataku

Smash Cadet
^__^ Thank you! Credit my youtube name other this my user name if ya could, please~

gallax

Smash Hero
oh yeah. i will definately give thatnks to you and mention you in the vid. itll be up later this week(prob saturday) on the pika matchup thread under falco's matchup and helpful videos

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
yeah i hate falcos chaingrab but pika's is annoying too. my friend (who will probably reply super fast seeing that i posted in the pikachu thread :p) uses pikachu to **** my snake. he plays a lot of other characters but pikachu is the only one i have a hard time on. oh, and i "love" how like every aerial he has magically lag cancels like a mother to a dsmash :D
Sorry it took me almost a month to reply lmao Busy playing with JIGGLYPUFF =P

Seriously, I haven't really played another Falco-user that CGed to spiked me, so I don't know how that feels to die at like 50%. I absolutely love when I play Falco and do it to them though :chuckle:

The only advice I gan give to you guys is to avoid getting grabbed at low percentages. When you're over 50%-ish percent, the chainspike will no longer work so you can be a little more aggressive. Be aware that he can do other things after a dthrow such as a smash-boosted usmash or a fsmash.

gallax

Smash Hero
the chances at getting out are increased dramatically at 27%. a good falco player can buffer their grabbs and make it that much harder to get out. they cna also wait for you to use your dair and shield, then grab again. but i am gonna have my good friend esam try and get out using some other methods that ive wondered about since he plays with tommy g(one of,if not the best, falco's in florida).

Top Bottom