• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Falco Combos?

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
SHFF fair and then reflector the wrong way. Also side+bing off the ledge is really useful. For the more advanced Falco users, try up+bing into the air and then floating into your opponent to inflict huge knockback + damage.

Blad01

Smash Lord
SHFF fair and then reflector the wrong way. Also side+bing off the ledge is really useful. For the more advanced Falco users, try up+bing into the air and then floating into your opponent to inflict huge knockback + damage.
Wow ! Exactly what i was going to write ! O.O Great advices ;)

I would like to add that you should laser more in the opposite direction of your opponent ;)
Oh, and try to mix up F-Smash with Up-B, it's a reaaly great combo !

(Aren't we too nasty ? ><)

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
With Wario I find that using his Neutral-B (Chomp) in the wrong direction works quite well, and may have limited effectiveness with Falco's Laser as well.

Fast-Falling is also a crucial technique for all attacks, it works especially well over pits. As well, if there is a stage hazard below, I have found that fast-falling straight into it results in impressive knockback and damage to all enemies.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Press Z or R twice!!

Since there is no combos in Brawl, hes some advice, Jump into ****. Works all the time! :bigthumbu

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I personally prefer dairing off the stage and killing myself when my opponent isn't even near me. Also, RGB was correct about phantasming off the stage. VERY useful.

(sorry Samigi!)

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Exousia, there are some combos, and advanced ways of approaching, dont be a troll.
First of all, if you noticed everyone making jokes, you would know mine was too. :ohwell:

Second, Check my contributions to the Falco Board before you go calling me a troll. :grrr:

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
guys this isnt funny. I tried all of the suggested things in this thread and none of them helped me win

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
To answer the thread truthfully, Falco only has one other combo beside D-throw and D-air. His U-air done low to the ground can combo into a shine or u-tilt.

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
God, am I the only one who's going to actually help?

Anyway, a good technique is "pillaring". It's a mix between the chain-grab and SHFFDA; You dThrow, then immediately d-Air back down, then go in for another grab. You can easily get certain characters from 0% to 66%

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, a good technique is "pillaring". It's a mix between the chain-grab and SHFFDA; You dThrow, then immediately d-Air back down, then go in for another grab. You can easily get certain characters from 0% to 66%
u dthrow then immediately dair? isnt there some sort of jump missing? and the above poster was right! fast falling a dair is almost as effective as wall-jumping off the bottom of the stage into a spike!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Umm, dash to upsmash?

EDIT: Oh woops, u guys forgot some. Like firing pewh pewhs while jumping off the stage (if u stop doing it part way, ur doing it wrong). Another would be a firebird into someone's Fsmash, or even "hands of my bread" in front of an Fsmash. Works every time, it's hax!!!!!!11!

If u wanted combos, main Lucario. He has some good ones.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
One of Falco's best combo's is short hop- double laser, and then reflector when you hit the ground.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Um...I don't know if I'm late or not but you could d-throw to boost smash do it only when opponent is like at 60% or above if they airdodge just charge it then release it.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Since someone decided to ruin it and actually start posting falco combos, I may as well comment on which are right and which aren't.

One of Falco's best combo's is short hop- double laser, and then reflector when you hit the ground.
No, it isn't. I hope that you're joking. That's not a combo at all.

u dthrow then immediately dair? isnt there some sort of jump missing? and the above poster was right! fast falling a dair is almost as effective as wall-jumping off the bottom of the stage into a spike!
Yes you need to jump. You can't do an aerial on the ground...

Also I believe you have to sweet spot the dair.

To answer the thread truthfully, Falco only has one other combo beside D-throw and D-air. His U-air done low to the ground can combo into a shine or u-tilt.
He has other combos, for instance dthrow into boost smash, his gatling combo, dair into utilt, etc. The combo you mentioned above could combo into utilt but I don't think it could lead into shine.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
Since someone decided to ruin it and actually start posting falco combos, I may as well comment on which are right and which aren't.

No, it isn't. I hope that you're joking. That's not a combo at all.

Yes you need to jump. You can't do an aerial on the ground...

Also I believe you have to sweet spot the dair.

He has other combos, for instance dthrow into boost smash, his gatling combo, dair into utilt, etc. The combo you mentioned above could combo into utilt but I don't think it could lead into shine.
If you're close enough, you can actually connect the 2 lasers and reflector

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
Dammit, the dthrow into boost smash is so annoying. It seems to be a good alternative whenever you can't chaingrab. Also, what is this gatling combo you're talking about?

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
The gatling combo is Falco's boost smash when he chains both his Dash attack and U-Smash instead of a super long range U-Smash.

Top Bottom