• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Falco Approaches?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I have a nasty habit of approaching with mostly Dash attacks in Brawl. Any other good approaches with Falco?

null55

Smash Master
Lasers can set you up for a lot of things like a boost smash, and dashing isn't so bad with gatling. Nair is a great approach.

BEES

Smash Lord
Dair - Jab - Ftilt - Spotdodge - Roll tends to be what I use. Dair-Utilt works better, especially if they're behind you, but the range on Utilt is worse in front.

Basically nothing works all the time. They can perfect shield all of it, and grab you if you shield, tech chase if you roll, grab you in between multiple jabs, or dsmash you if you spotdodge. You're going to have to play a mindgame with your opponent, and by that I mean throwing in random phantasms and footstools to screw them up.

Dair and Bair are the best appoaches though. Even though everyone can see them coming, they're still good. This is a scientific fact.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
when i play, i agree with ynnek, let them approach. but when i have to force the issue i always do it through the air. you have more options there, bair, nair, dair all preceded by a short hop.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
exactly. as falco, u don't approach people, they approach u. if worst come to worst, dair and bair work well. and if ur ever going to use the dash attack, make sure to cancel it into an up-smash. (DLX cancel, a must-use technique for falcos) on many occasions have i dash atk'ed into an opponents shield, and cancel it into an upsmash as soon as they begin to grab. they receive a big kick to the face =D

Top Bottom