• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Edgeguard with Ganon

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is possible..but what if you Ledgecancel a dair and then jump right when its ledgecancelled and do a down b...and then recover... 2 spikes in one.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I can't ledge cancel consistently. Is this edgeguard effective enough to warrant practicing ledge cancelling with ganon (curse his poor aerial horizontal mobility)?

chaddd

Smash Lord
Down air is better.

EDIT: Not just edge canceled, in general.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Eh, I love the stomp but against a Samus or Sheik I'll go with reverse uair.
That's cool I just follow them off the stage with an aerial. That way you win faster.

Besides, edge guarding is definitely a last resort sort of thing. Not to say it doesn't happen a lot, but preventing the need for it is much better in my opinion. You should only have to edge guard if you messed up your combo.

And since this game is so odd, let me explain how I look at it:

COMBO SYSTEM FOR SMASH MELEE:

1. HIT STUFF.
2. FOLLOW STUFF INTO THE PLACE YOU KNOW IT WILL GO.
3. IF STUFF DOES NOT GO INTO THE PLACE YOU THOUGHT, FOLLOW IT NONETHELESS.
4. TRY TO MAKE SAID STUFF GO WHERE YOU WANT IT TO GO TO AID WITH THE FOLLOWING OF SAID STUFF(BETTER KNOWN AS MIND GAMES).
5. ATTEMPT TO CONTINUE HITTING STUFF CONSECUTIVELY.

If you do these 5 things, you'll never lose.

Also, it has come to my attention that many people believe Ganondorf has no combos. Ganon has the nastiest combos in the entire game, mostly due to the fact that two tech chases equals a free stock from 0 percent, so...

-clears throat-

I'm working on the new Facial Impact combo video. I'll be spending hours upon hours 0-deathing people on tape to bring you the most horrible display of **** combos you've ever seen. Ever.

That is all.

mathos

Smash Champion
I don't know if this is possible..but what if you Ledgecancel a dair and then jump right when its ledgecancelled and do a down b...and then recover... 2 spikes in one.
Is that even possible? I thought you can't recover from a DownB from the stage like that.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm working on the new Facial Impact combo video. I'll be spending hours upon hours 0-deathing people on tape to bring you the most horrible display of combos you've ever seen. Ever.

That is all.
Advice taken, and looking forward to new combo goodness. ^ ^

You can if you jump (he says ledgecancel jump then downB). I even think you can recover from a sh downB off the edge.
True; but you have to jump perfectly out of the down+b animation, or you'll mess it up.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Double reverse uair is the sexiest edgeguard known to man.

But yeah I've done this many times on accident while going for a normal reverse uair. Whenever it happens, I play it off like I did it on purpose :p

Magus420

Smash Master
I'll try to get it capped like right now.

Edit--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlC7xGs8OA
I do this except while facing away from the stage and the d-air pops them up, where I then fulljump/fulljump + DJ to down-b spike. I've gotten it with the edgecancel, but it's usually unintentional and just happens due to momentum from the jump while techchasing. When it edgecancels & you don't hold a direction afterwards while facing that way it cancels the lag but you stay onstage in the teeter animation and you can jump normally as well as DJ after.

As long as you catch them with an un-DI'ed stomp (is often the case then) very close to the edge, and they don't know exactly what you're going for after the stomp and try to smash DI and/or DI directly horizontal/slightly down like people named Ryoko do who play me too much, they will always go slightly away and past the edge.

Normal people will DI up&towards though and will get sent a good amt away and down. Even if they DI it towards & slightly down they still go very slightly outward but their ASDI/SDI will often let them clip the edge unless they're hit high up or weren't quite stomped at the very edge.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
for some reason my youtube isn't opening the link

anyways, one of the best ganon edgeguards is the "platform canceled" back air or up air edgehog

if they miss their sweetspot they get hit, if they get their sweestpot they get edgehogged (if you do it right, and depending on the recovery)

i do that with bowser, nothing better than a back air from bowser that instantly edgehogs LOL

there we go, vid worked, i figured it was basically exactly what i said haha

yeah thats a good edgeguard i loves it

Top Bottom