• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Bye Wii U :(

Which one should I get

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
After all this smash news,I realized the wii u is now going to have a bigger death.With ultimate coming now IT'S NO USE (yes I made that refrence).Smash 4 was dieing already.As melee and 64 move on with ultimate,Wii u will plunge with brawl.Smash 4 fixed the tear apart of the community.Now the community is back together and wii u is out.It was fun with the game and the console.Now.I have a ten day pole.I'm selling my wii u for a gamecube or wii.Which one.I need the pole finished by TEN DAYS.I will anouce the most voted one in my feed and thread.Right now you guys make the choice.I want this voting place to help remember this console.Any way see ya later.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Before I vote, can I ask at least why you plan to sell your Wii U for a Gamecube or a Wii? If it's to play Smash, then go for the Wii. You'll be able to play both Brawl (or Project M) and Melee, and 64 through Virtual Console, although I can't recommend that last one, since I've heard it frequently drops frames.

Why don't you sell your Wii U for money instead? You might end up needing it for a Nintendo Switch game that you'd want in the future. Or is selling the Wii U for money already out of the question?

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
even though I have 5 games on switch I like em all.Also the wii shop channel is dead.
The wii u won't live.Even though people said it was dead smash kept me going.Ultimate is coming and I never had dlc only playing brawl and wii u.I later returned brawl.So smash 4 was left.Then smash ultimate at e3 was anouced.I knew I couldn't keep up with wii u for ever.It's time I should return to brawl and project while getting melee.I'm gonna miss the wii u.But not regretting and not having many memories with it.

D

Deleted member

Not to be rude, but im having a really hard time reading and fully understanding your thread without spaces in your sentences.

But yes, I would say grab a Wii, so you can play GC and Wii games. I dont think the Wii u is completely died. There are a lot of good games for it still. But if you really need to sell, do that but get a Wii and mod it. So you can experience the full potential of the Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:

R O F L

Smash Ace
But yes, I would say grab a Wii, so you can play GC and Wii games.
To do that you would need a model RVL-001 (Pre-2011) Wii which I think can be quite expensive. (Sadly for me, mine broke so I can't rip anymore GameCube isos.)

D

Deleted member

To do that you would need a model RVL-001 (Pre-2011) Wii which I think can be quite expensive. (Sadly for me, mine broke so I can't rip anymore GameCube isos.)
I found mine at a thrift store for 20$ with the CD reader working. You just have to know where to look.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Runbow (a local 9-player game!), Bayonettas 1 and 2, Breath of the Wild, Nintendoland, Mario Kart 8, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, DK Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, any Lego game (which lets one person use the tv and another use the gamepad, so they're straight up upgrades compared to other consoles), Pokken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Smash 4, etc. are all solid games from different genre. All of that plus the console is backwards compatible with the Wii. But if you're still convinced on selling, I'd recommend getting a backwards compatible Wii.

Top Bottom