• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good/bad stages for Link to fight on.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
As I am learning about the competitive game and hope to make my competitive debut soon, I want to know which stages Link can take advantage of most and which stages he struggles on. Please help and discuss on this thread.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Link is a character that revolves around zoning. Due to this, Flat stages are likely to give him an advantage due to Link being able to put up a wall of projectiles and the opponent must weave through them in order to attack you. Personally I think this is true, but I also believe that stage advantage can be dependent on the match up. I say this because on stages such as Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, and Warioware, Link can up tilt through the platforms and juggle his opponents from beneath quite easily(provided you gained control from underneath that is).

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Link is a character that revolves around zoning. Due to this, Flat stages are likely to give him an advantage due to Link being able to put up a wall of projectiles and the opponent must weave through them in order to attack you. Personally I think this is true, but I also believe that stage advantage can be dependent on the match up. I say this because on stages such as Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, and Warioware, Link can up tilt through the platforms and juggle his opponents from beneath quite easily(provided you gained control from underneath that is).
So FD and Smashville would also be good choices for stages?

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it really depends. If I'm against a Falcon or Marth, I like Wario Ware or Yoshi's. If I'm up against Bowser or Dedede, I want nothing to do with those stages, and would prefer FD or maybe PS2.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I always try to go for flat and wide stages, so Stadium 2, FD and Smashville are imo his best stages.

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
Stadium, smashville, and FD. I've had trouble against species at FD though. I like yoshi's island with him as you can juggle on that tilting platform easily.

Top Bottom