• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good and bad characters for Brawl (I need ideas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
With so many threads about who should and shouldn't be in Brawl, I decided to make a list of all of these characters. If you have good suggestions, tell me along with why that character should or should'nt be in Brawl.
Has a chance:
Wolf
Megaman
Ridley
Dark Samus
Ganondorf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Krystal
Captain Olimar
Lucario
Simon Belemont
Geno

No chance:
Naruto
Master Chief
Inuyasha
Chuck Norris (Maybe....)
Link's uncle(forgot his name)
Waluigi
Mog
Spiderman(Peter Parckoes)

Please add on.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac should be in Brawl. Why?

He could provide a very interesting, unique moveset. With psynergy for his special moves, and maybe even Djinn used for them, too.

The Golden Sun series (the series he's from.) is quite a popular series. Maybe not the most popular series, but it is well liked, and Isaac was a requested character. (Two times on Sakurai's poll.)

Why not put him in?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
This thread will probably cuase a flame war >_>

But...

Add the non-clone veterans and Falco to has a chance.

As fas newcomers, there's Isaac, Krystal, Olimar, Darkrai, Lucario and Claus as well as others I forgot.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
If you disagree with the list:
1. Give a good reason why.
2. Don't care.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I would personally Add simon belemont to the good list, I really hope that Konami and nintendo can work him in.

I think he would have a great moveset and fit in well with smash.

Lucario has no indication for being among the likes of Ridley and Captain Olimar because there are more popular pokemon than him that have become pokeballs and background characters. There are also more deserving pokemon such as Darkrai and Manaphy. He has a chance but he shouldn't be coupled with people who are almost certainly getting in.

^ that's a good reason right?

Don't put ashley for bad... >_<; just... just ignore anyone who says anything about ashley...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Can't beleive I forgot Simon. Keep on coming with the suggestions. Also, think of some assist trophies.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Lucario has no indication for being among the likes of Ridley and Captain Olimar because there are more popular pokemon than him that have become pokeballs and background characters. There are also more deserving pokemon such as Darkrai and Manaphy. He has a chance but he shouldn't be coupled with people who are almost certainly getting in.

^ that's a good reason right?

Don't put ashley for bad... >_<; just... just ignore anyone who says anything about ashley...
I don't know much about pokemon anymore, so i'll leave that for you guys to argue. I'm not too sure about Ashley, unless someone gives me a good moveset.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How about we just leave Ashley off of the lists altogether? She really fits into neither.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why people think Lucario has a good chance of being in Brawl.

I won't debate his popularity but I don't think it matters, he's lost his chance merely because there are just too many pokemon in the game allready.

With the addition of Pokemon Trainer we've got three new Pokemon Characters. With Pikachu, and (eventually) Jigglypuff that gives us 5 Pokemon reps. That's as many as Mario has in Melee. On top of that there are the huge amount of Pokeballs expected in Brawl (my guess 50-60).

If anything Pokemon is all ready over represented, but I guess it is fitting as Nintendo's biggest cash cow. That being said I just can't see Sakurai giving any more slots to pokemon.

*Note* Just read this over, and I sound a little down on Pokemon. I want to make it clear that I'm a huge fan of the games and have been playing since Blue/Red.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't understand why people think Lucario has a good chance of being in Brawl.

I won't debate his popularity but I don't think it matters, he's lost his chance merely because there are just too many pokemon in the game allready.

With the addition of Pokemon Trainer we've got three new Pokemon Characters. With Pikachu, and (eventually) Jigglypuff that gives us 5 Pokemon reps. That's as many as Mario has in Melee. On top of that there are the huge amount of Pokeballs expected in Brawl (my guess 50-60).

If anything Pokemon is all ready over represented, but I guess it is fitting as Nintendo's biggest cash cow. That being said I just can't see Sakurai giving any more slots to pokemon.

*Note* Just read this over, and I sound a little down on Pokemon. I want to make it clear that I'm a huge fan of the games and have been playing since Blue/Red.
1st, PT is 1 rep, not 3
2nd, what about mewtwo? THAT would make 4 reps
3rd, I do agree on pokeballs, 50/500 ain't that much :p
Last, red and blue were awesome, high five

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
I don't think wolf has a good chance of entering.. There will be at the most 2-3 star fox characters in brawl and the two most likely characters to fit are krystal and falco. Plus in the pre-release demo one of fox's color change was grey and looked really similar to wolf.

and you forgot to put geno for good. and thats cuz almost everyone on the smash boards forum supports him and he's made it to 4 or 3 points in sakurai's poll.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Sylux at 50/50, because he will most likely have a role in an upcoming Metroid game, but his fan base is nowhere near as huge as a certain space dragon and Dark Samus.

Weruop

Smash Ace
what did u pull outta ur *** to tell u waluigi has no chance, when the only requirements to get in, are to be in a game on a nintendo console...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I think there's enough characters from the Mario series. They always dominate. And, as I said before, if I get a good reason and/or set of moves, I might change my mind.

*Please read my thread on Samus/ZSS* Trust me, it's important.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
1st, PT is 1 rep, not 3
2nd, what about mewtwo? THAT would make 4 reps
3rd, I do agree on pokeballs, 50/500 ain't that much :p
Last, red and blue were awesome, high five
1 - I know it's listed that way on the page, but can we really ignore the fact that each of the Pokemon is as much a character as Shiek. Who we do count as an extra character?

2 - Yeah forgot to mention Mewtwo, but I think that just makes my point even more

Last High Five

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
1 - I know it's listed that way on the page, but can we really ignore the fact that each of the Pokemon is as much a character as Shiek. Who we do count as an extra character?

2 - Yeah forgot to mention Mewtwo, but I think that just makes my point even more

Last High Five
There is a reason why characters such as Shiek and Zamus are seperated in different characters and Pokemon trainer WASN'T therefore, it's 1 rep, not 3

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Last High Five
Yeah, sorry about the PT reps, but shiek can be a player at the start of the match..
Still, 3 more reps for pokemon = 6 reps! (not counting Pichu or Lucario, they ain't that likely)

platnum

Smash Lord
remove mog from no chance!

just because an FF hater says to do so doesnt mean you should.
that guy has no real opinion just a biasd hatred of FF.

mog has a chance,slim,maybe but still a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom