• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonzo's video thread New TL vid updated **June 2**

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
now I know I'm not amazing but I'm probably on the same level as you, and just from watching a few of your videos I would make these suggestions:
-Try not to roll as much. In the video vs. ROB your rolls put you in harms way a few times
-Less use of rock. It's such a high risk move because of the lag coming out of it, and a few times you tried it and it got you screwed.
-Try to be less predictable. If a move fails the first time, don't keep trying it. Like in that one video against falco where you were using final cutter and he kept reflecting it back at you.

Positives:
-I like your use of tilts a lot. Those are something I am trying to work in more of myself
-Nice game gainst meta, he is a tough opponent and if you managed to move fast and keep him off of you
-Nice hammers on the edge they work well for you

Eten

Smash Ace
You need to roll a lot less
and use much more shorthop aerials

Alternatives to fthrow uair etc. on lighter characters, no? Dthrow utilt uair... etc. but leaves them in the air, combo or not they're more vulnerable. When you go for the same combo from a grab every single time on someone's fresh stock it gets very predictable. It's even worse when you rely so much on rolling to land the grab.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Good job Gonzo, try to roll less, it's a bad habit, you be predictable when you roll too much, and try to use rock in irregular stages or when the opponent is in the air, because the chance of a punish is smaller.

But in general you have been good, keep going, and, take care with the G&W hammer xD

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
wow gonzo don't be gay and upload the rest of the matches.......can't trust u with recording.......unless it's u winning u won't record it GAY!!!
lol dude ur matches are on my ocmp, i'll upload them when i get the chance dude, i'm serious, and u beat my Kirby every GW match anyway

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Good job Gonzo, try to roll less, it's a bad habit, you be predictable when you roll too much, ....
This seems to be my problem too :(
Really nice videos man, Ive been trying to do that forward throw combo you seem to be so famous for but I cant seem to pull it off regularly, might have to do with me playing online 99% of the time and lag screwing it up, but /shrug.
And the commentary is hilarious ;P

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Gonzo!! you were supposed to be an example for me on how to beat ROB =/ I have lost to a ROB at every tournament I have gone to lol
Anyways good vids =P

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Gonzo!! you were supposed to be an example for me on how to beat ROB =/ I have lost to a ROB at every tournament I have gone to lol
Anyways good vids =P

Lol In the vid i have up i miss the top ledge by pixels. Basically if i had landed on the top platform i would have won, No Jones though. Its all uphill battle for Kirby and that ROB i played is one of the best. I was surprised i came that close.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
By the way Gonzo, I tried to counterpick Luigi's Mansion like you said, but then Blitz's secondary is DK so he switched to DK for that stage and started spamming down B all over the place to rack up a lot of damage O.o lol it caught me off guard =/ Still a close match though normally DK is easy for me... man my stage worked against me XD

And yeah I know that video still helps me a little good stuff =)

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
By the way Gonzo, I tried to counterpick Luigi's Mansion like you said, but then Blitz's secondary is DK so he switched to DK for that stage and started spamming down B all over the place to rack up a lot of damage O.o lol it caught me off guard =/ Still a close match though normally DK is easy for me... man my stage worked against me XD

And yeah I know that video still helps me a little good stuff =)

That sucks, Rainbow cruise is a more solid stage for Kirby, i counterpicked it against Lights G&W. lets just say i ***** him on that stage. Thank God for Neutral B ;)

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Gonzo is a noob imo :) I just played G&W and got 2 stocked. I hate G&W so much right now. I'm pretty sure this guy is going to talk trash, too. Guh. So disappointing.

Eten

Smash Ace
lol it was at tourney in a really bad area where everyone was trying to get through, u dont miss anything where the camera gets hit
yeah I figured as much, I should have included a "lol", because I found it hilarious.

The vid was actually really good and I'd point people to it for help vs. Toon link.

Top Bottom