• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going somewhere

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I feel it's safe to start this up, it's going to be about pichu's tools, moves,movement,stages, and etc. that with let anyone who knows something speak.

We can go back to done moves and stuff if requested.

1st poster can pick the topic(move,recovery,,taticsdding stage,or whatever) pick something that can be talked about a lot with a few veiws.

Hey anyone who wants to say pichu sucks go to the brawl boards this isn' t the place for trolling. I awake tomorrow. willl edit oh have some kind of back off proof or something night.

BASIC MOVES AND STUFF
by SuperDoodleMan

If you don't understand a term, look
it up in the Terminology txt
-------------------------------------
Head butt

Total: 21
Hit: 2-3

Consecutive head butts start as early
as frame 5
F Tilt

Total: 29
Hit: 5-14
D Tilt

Total: 21
Hit: 7-9
IASA: 19
U Tilt

Total: 23
Hit: 7-14
U Smash

Total: 43
Hit: 9-11
Charge frame: 8
IASA: 41
D Smash

Total: 54
Charge frame: 5
Hit: 7-13
Invincible: 7-10
IASA: 51
F Smash

Total: 49
Hit: 16-33 (several hitboxes)
Charge frame: 14
Dash attack

Hit: 5-16
N-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 3-28
Auto cancel: <2 35>
Landlag: 12
Lcanceled: 6
U-Air

Total: 27
Hit: 4-9
Auto cancel: <3 18>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
B-Air

Total: 59
Hit: 4-37
Auto cancel: <3 50>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
D-Air

Total: 57
Hit: 14-26
IASA: 48
Auto cancel: 39>
Does damage 1 frame upon landing
Landlag: 26
Lcanceled: 13
F-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 10-12, 14-16, 18-20, 22-24
Auto Cancel: <9 34>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7
Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8
Running grab

Total: 40
Grab: 11-12
Ledge stand <100%

Total: 32
Invincible: 1-30
Ledge stand 100%>

Total: 59
Invincible: 1-55
Ledge attack <100%

Total: 53
Hit: 21-24
Invincible: 1-18
Ledge attack 100%>

Total: 69
Hit: 54-59
Invincible: 1-50
Ledge roll <100%

Invincible: 1-27
Ledge roll 100%>

Total: 79
Invincible: 1-70
Ledge jump <100%

Total: 42
Invincible: 1-15
Soonest FF: 41
Ledge jump 100%>

Total: 53
Invincible: 1-26
Soonest FF: 52
Thunder Jolt

Total: 57
Shot comes out: 18
Projectile lasts: 99 frames

Fastfall anytime
Thunder

Total: 78
Hitboxes appear: 20, 28, 36, 44
Hitboxes disappear (total whiff): 60,
68, 76, 84

--Pichu gets hit--
Total: 69
Hit: 1-9

--when does Pichu get hit?--
Standing still: 40
Falling: 53
Skull Bash

Charging starts: 14
Max charge time: 161 frames

--Upon release--
Total: 70
Hit: 5-40

--HIT--
Recovery time (air): 34
Recovery time (ground): 30

If you land before the air recovery
time is done, you begin the ground
recovery animation
Agility

Total (1 jump): 71
Total (2 jumps): 87

Time to aim 1st jump: 13
Time to aim 2nd jump: 29

Landlag: 12
Landfallspeciallag: 1(!)
TATICS
EDGE- you can run off and up up-B on to the edge
RECOVERY- there are 256 differrent ways this move can move around, so there is a lot of ways to recover with it and you can ride up wall
APPROACH

Taunt

Pichu!: 1
Total: 100

Jump: airborne on frame 4

Air time: 50
Earliest FF: 26
FF air time: 38

SH air time: 33
Earliest FF: 18
SH FF air time: 23

2nd jump earliest FF: 25

Air dodge
invulnerable 4-29 out of 49

Ground dodge
invulnerable 2-15 out of 22

Roll
invulnerable 4-19 out of 31

Landing lag: 2 frames

dash becomes run at frame 14
Turn-jump Threshold: 20
Run turnaround: 21

Fox -

Marth -

Sheik -

Falco -

Peach -

Captain Falcon -

Jigglypuff -

Ice Climbers -

Samus -

Dr. Mario -

Ganondorf -

Luigi -

Donkey Kong -

Mario-

Link -

Pikachu -

Young Link -

Roy-

Zelda -

Mr. Game & Watch -

Ness -

Yoshi -

Bowser -

Mewtwo -

Kirby -

Pichu -

Master hand-
RECOVERY

Stages
all stages are included because many preople use pichu just for friendlies
Brinstar-

Corneria-

Fountain of Dreams -

Great Bay -

Green Greens -

Icicle Mountain -

Jungle Japes -

Kingdom -

Kongo Jungle -

Mute City -

Onett-

Pokémon Stadium -

Princess Peach's Castle -

Rainbow Cruise-

Temple-

Venom -

Yoshi's Island-

Yoshi's Story -

Battlefield -

Big Blue-

Brinstar Depths -

Dream Land (N64) -

Final Destination -

Flat Zone -

Fourside -

Kingdom II -

Kongo Jungle (N64) -

Poké Floats -

Yoshi's Island (N64) -

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
I say we should talk about the various uses of Up+B, and the limited uses of Side+B first. Do people only use Up+B as a recovery move, a quick escape or a mindgamed approach? I personally fell, that despite doing no damage, its Pichu's second most useful move altogether, the first being nair, of course. Please discuss.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't see why people would use the ... Agility, is it? I dunno, it commits you to a very set distance and... honestly, just is inferior to dashdances/wavedashes. Pichu has a decent dashdance/wavedash, why not use it?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Ii think it has its applications, but like SWD, you're sort of static to a certain amount of spacing, unlike DD which you can manipulate to your will.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I believe there are about 256 different ways you can go about moves of course 16 go to the spot you started 16 more are only one jump and the other ones can lead to the same spot But there is always a reason to mix it up for recovery best landing time for a recovery/anything this move makes the shine look lagy. heck you can sometimes land behind them and get a grab or something.

There are 6 frames are movement on each jump so 12 in total and covering a random hard to predict path, the biggest flaws for when recovering is the 1-4% damage, your sweetspot is about a thrid of pikachu's sweetspot,due to the quick jerks it's much harder to edge tech,hard to land good sometimes and you get smashed. It doesn't hurt anyone but i,ve seen someone edge pikachu because of the knockback it's in a ness combo video from the one guy who had a S name.

Non-recovery use

has good platform use, nothing more tobe saud about platform use because it is pretty good. I hotesty think this move when used perfectly on the ground can create combos,tech-chase, approach, and mindgame them. There is to much to be said right now, but I feel it could have a huge inpact on pichu's metagame.

wool

Smash Ace
I've only used the non-laggy up-b as an approach to confuse the opponent since they normally don't expect it. And I follow up with a dtilt/ftilt or some other move. I've never thought of using it to escape. I don't think it would be great to use it to get out of situations since it gives 1% damage. Running away would be just as effective since Pichu is pretty fast. Plus if you need to escape and you **** up the non-laggy up-b then you're sort of screwed.

Using up-b to move around the stage without canceling the lag is a dumb idea, because it is pretty easy for the opponent to guess where you are going to go. Plus 5% is a lot of damage, and if you don't cancel the lag you will 100% of the time get hit.

So I use up-b as a recovery move (of course) and sometimes an approach. I know for a fact I can only up-b cancel about 70% of the time in an intense battle, so I'm not going to use it much.

EDIT: about side-b, it's a stupid move. I find no use to it really. If you are REALLY far away from the stage, a non-charged side b would help. But there is a huge ending lag on that so you have to be 100% certain your opponent won't follow up with a move.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
To a school your a failure, but 70% is good if you ask me. I think it makes his ground approch better and if you get predictable you can spot dodge which is good. I,ve been thinking of some use uses for retreating up-B maybe you could use a slow move and when you see an opening to hit someone in lag most people will rush you and you could up-smash their approach if they shFFl. and when people understand it good they worry more about how far they are from pichu and try to geuss if your going to jump _air,run in place,full hop B, or up-B giving pichu an effective mix up for approach, and I,m not going to count his run up groung game because it isn't normally good for appraoch. but lucky most if pichu's tatics can't be fought with sheilding grab.

It gives you a lot of stuff to do with platforms like you can sheild and wait for an attack and up-b to them during their lag. But this move can be very predictable if you are, I,ve been randomly kneed because he predicted me, but everything can be punished.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0B2HNOA0K0 The only use of Skull Bash: destroying noobish players, though I have used it similiar to how jiggs use rollout: wrecking recoveries that have to come within your path of destruction, such as a Falcon not sweetspotting the ledge (why he wouldn't sweetspot is a different story, so it might just be Mute City dependent, which doesn't help us very much)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Side-B is one of the best mindgames ever because
1.no one ever uses it
2.dding side-B WTF
3.one hit kill
4.slow walk to it
5. it auto cancels on PSS when fully charged.

Plus it's good for recovering. But I think there is more to be said about up-B

wool

Smash Ace
Lol I remember that vid that must have sucked for the Marth.

@ICG
Yeah an usmash after a retreating up-b would be nice. Maybe even an fsmash because it lasts longer.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking d-smash because you duck. LOL. f-smash if it isn't going to land doesn't seem smart, but i could be wrong.

What catagories should i have listed for moves? of course I will take some out like forget recovery for f-tilt and spot-dodge for edge. but I have
TATICS
EDGE
RECOVERY
APPROACH
Anything esle needed? Maybe general use

Hey I want found something pretty useful for dair you know how the sparks are useless(it MAY help use chances to avoid sheild grabs) if your fighting someone decent, I think I have a way to make it useable. If your fighting someone very tall and their under a short platform you can hit them with the normal hit and they will be thrown far away or into your sparks and you can down-smash them(at least I got a down-smash in FoDon roy at middle height) or fall _air them because most of them don't have fast uptilts or up-smashes. giving you roughly 22%(plus or minus) on them and 2 on you with you in control, seting up maybe a grab. But I could be wrong try it

Top Bottom