• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOH-T4 Green Oaks Havoc Tournament 4-BRAWL-Tracy, CA march 22 (IN NEED OF EQUIPMENT)

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Who will be the very first ever SuperSmashBrothersBrawl King of the Mountain? Will the same players that dominated Melee return to their thrown for Brawl? Its a new game and rules of engagement have changed! But are you up to the the challenge of being the first person to forever carve your name into Smash history as the first SSBB champion in california?

This March im throwing a BIG smash tourny! This will be the first ever Brawl tournament in california! The competition will be fresh and EVERYONE is still NOOB. Im really excited to see who will pull out of the gates fastest. Personally i think its gonna be sweet to watch legends fall against the hands of unknown players.

EDIT: I was gonna try and get a bigger venue for this as i want it to be huge but unfortunately it will end up being WAAAAY too expensive to justify. So instead im just going to keep the venue at the same place as it always has been, which will suffice for about 40-50 people. I will list the address below. This place supplies tables and plenty of chairs. plus it has two bathrooms and a kitchen area for concessions and so on. plus there is a jack in the box, subway and gas station a block away. if you feel like walkin a lil further there is a taqueria and a chinese restaurant around the corner. mcdonalds, in-and-out, wendy's, arby's, burger king, are one exit away on the freeway.

Other issues are much simpler but involve getting enough TO's to run this thing smoothly! As well as equipment. We will obviously need quite a few Wii's, TV's, extension cords etc. So if you plan on coming to this let me know, when you pre-register, what you can bring and wether or not you would like to help out in anyway be it TO or just setting up equipment or creating brackets, ensuring matches are going on etc.
people who bring equipment will get some free food

When pre-registering please email to boug_13@yahoo.com and include:
email subject should say "GOHT4 pre-registration"
Alias
# of people you will be bringing along with their alias's
Equipment being brought
Events you plan on entering (singles, teams)
additional comments or suggestions (optional)
if you plan on helping in anyway (brackets; match announcements, set-up, clean-up, etc. this is optional as well but helpers will receive some free food as well)

enough talk now here are the details FOR NOW.........

WHERE: Tracy, CA 2929 N. MacArthur Drive
(in the rec room of Green Oaks Mobile Home Park)

WHEN: 11am Saturday March 22th
EDIT:unless nintendo changes release date.

EVENTS: Brawl Singles, 64 Singles, Melee Singles.

ENTRANCE FEES: Singles-$10
teams-$5 a person

PRIZE MONEY: 1ST-%50 entrance fees
2nd-%25
3rd-%10

BRAWL RULES:
-Items off (possibly smashballs set to very low)
-character and stage picks will have a similar format as MLG melee rules.
-There will be NO stages automatically banned (tho players can still ban one stage). I might decide on a list for random picks tho.
-possible random list:
final destination, battle field, delfino plaza, yoshi's island, lylat cruise, smashville, maybe castle seige, maybe mario circiut
(the maybes i included ment there could potentially be issues with it being a perfect balanced stage. any stages i didnt inlcude at i all i thought were not appropriate for random picks but will be counterpicks)
-4 stock.
-Gamecube controllers only. the reason i say this is because when several wiis are in one room syncing them becomes a real pain in the @$$. especially if people wanna move to another wii.

other than that since this is a new game this tournament will serve as a foundation for the the future tournament rules. so retrictions will be minimal!

WHO'S COMING
SuperSkeetBro
DRT
Sega
Romanunu
Rat
K Balls aka KOF
Zoap
Choknater
Miztik
Ender
Simna
The rest of teamscape
(thats all so far thats officially said they are coming but there is plenty interest from many many others. guess its just to early for people to commit)

Thats pretty much all i have so far except also i will have a concession stand as always with pizza and snacks! I need as much feedback as possible if this is going to be big. Let me know if you can help, or if you have any question. Tell me as soon as possible wether or not you will make it and who you are bringing. Thank you all and hope to see you in March with your gamefaces!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
good **** skeetbro. i'll come to this.

edit:

however... i'm a little skeptical on the brawl rules. i would really prefer if we turned items on at least low, and allowed more stages... we don't know jack sh*t yet about fairness/unfairness concerning items. the only reason they were banned from melee was because of the random exploding containers, which may or may not be there in brawl. and as far as stages go... there might just be stage hazards on every stage, or maybe not? regardless, it's gonna take skill to win. adapting to the stages and items is a huge part of being smash, the only reason today's melee scene doesn't use them is because of a fully evolved metagame.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok i think i need to rephrase my wording on the brawl rules....when i said no ILLEGAL stage i ment was that no stages will BE illegal. so ALL stages will be used. at MOST i will form a list for deciding which stages will be set to random. counterpicks will obviously be ANY stage. im not dedicating to any rules however except probably items, but even that can be debatable. like i said there will be little restrictions.

EDIT:as of now all stages are allowed and there will be no items.

artifice

Smash Ace
items will allways throw in a random effect that good players do not want to play with... the end.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
items will allways throw in a random effect that good players do not want to play with... the end.
um, are you a good player? many good players absolutely LOVE items, yo. playing with items is a huge game of adaptation. exploding **** sucks, and that's all there is to it. a lot of characters benefit through items too. donkey kong has some crazy throwing skills and mewtwo gets a mad range increase with melee items.

anyway, thanks for clarifying superskeetbro : ) thats a cool rule.

Miztik

Smash Master
Im a lil confused on the date for this tourney cuz brawl will have only been out for a few days who will have the time to play unlock all the stages and characters for that tourney and find a person there willing to put money on the line for idk ill try to go but im just a lil confused bout that

The Game II

Smash Champion
Im a lil confused on the date for this tourney cuz brawl will have only been out for a few days who will have the time to play unlock all the stages and characters for that tourney and find a person there willing to put money on the line for idk ill try to go but im just a lil confused bout that
That's the beauty of the tournament. Who can learn the most in 5/6 days?

--GCII

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
well put TheGameII! The whole reason im excited about this tournament is to see how the tides have turned from melee to brawl. I just hope i manage to beat some previous legendary melee players

As far as everything being unlocked.......im personally going to try and unlock as much as i possibly can. If anybody is unhappy that their character wasnt unlocked they can choose to have there match on a station that has their character. I have a memory stick so if worst came down to worse i may be able to transfer data from wii to wii. of course i think the wii owners may have to delete their data, so i will have to make sure they are fine with that. it probably wont be perfect but i think we can get close.

I think sometime next week im going to check the price to rent the legion hall in my town. its directly across from a carls Jr, there is a tacobell on the other side of the park that its next to. and on the adjecent side of the intersection that tacobell is at there is a Jack in the Box. there is also a pizza place/donut shop/liquor store etc all in the same parking lot across from the hall. So if i end up getting this place, a variety of food should not be an issue.

So far nothin else new to report tho so ill keep everyone updated.

Miztik

Smash Master
well put TheGameII! The whole reason im excited about this tournament is to see how the tides have turned from melee to brawl. I just hope i manage to beat some previous legendary melee players

As far as everything being unlocked.......im personally going to try and unlock as much as i possibly can. If anybody is unhappy that their character wasnt unlocked they can choose to have there match on a station that has their character. I have a memory stick so if worst came down to worse i may be able to transfer data from wii to wii. of course i think the wii owners may have to delete their data, so i will have to make sure they are fine with that. it probably wont be perfect but i think we can get close.

I think sometime next week im going to check the price to rent the legion hall in my town. its directly across from a carls Jr, there is a tacobell on the other side of the park that its next to. and on the adjecent side of the intersection that tacobell is at there is a Jack in the Box. there is also a pizza place/donut shop/liquor store etc all in the same parking lot across from the hall. So if i end up getting this place, a variety of food should not be an issue.

So far nothin else new to report tho so ill keep everyone updated.
thats really cool i really hope i can make it im also hoping i get a wii for my b-day which is in 2 weeks on the 22nd yayuhz

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Rules are going to be the toughest challenge. I promise something will be terribly abused at this tournament. Kudos to whoever finds it. lool..

That said if I decide to go to this it will probably be my first day playing Brawl, since I don't have a Wii yet. I say items off though. Although yes item matches are hella fun. ^_^

Lastly, the players who are good at the other games will be good at this game. While the basic movements will have been changed, the fundamentals haven't, and it will just be a case of quick inference. If Isai goes to any Brawl tournament, and he so chooses to mop the floor with everyone, he will do so. There may be a few upsets, but I doubt anything extreme.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so i still havent been able to find out the price on the legion hall so just for insurance i reserved the rec room where i normally have my tournaments, wich is plenty big enough for around 40 people. Hopefully this will turn out to be much bigger. If this does start to get any bigger i will need people to pre-register, possibly even pay half or all of the entrance fee online to guarantee pre-reg's will show.

still looking for any sorts of contributions to help this event grow HUGE!!!!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from SuperChampCombo this weekend where i promoted my tournament.
A lot of people showed interest and is starting to look good. So hopefully we should get a handful of SoCal crews.

well iv decided to go ahead and go with the venue i normally have unless a bunch of people still wanna go ends up renting out a place. i gave the address on the first page. also im makin a rule for brawl. gamecube controllers only. this is because syncing become incredibly difficult when multiple wii's are around. so to make the tournament move smoother im banning wii-motes and virtual console controllers.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok well due to the brawl release date being pushed back i too will have to push back the tournament. I am still having it the first weekend after its release so the new date as of now is Saturday February 16th. On a positive side of this date change it will no longer be dangerously close to everybody's finals week in school. tomorrow im going to change to talk to the venue and reserve feb 16th.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so im going to start taking pre-registers for my tournament. Anyone who pre-registers before January 1st will get $5 off their entrance fee for either Brawl or Melee. Also anyone who brings a set-up or equipment will get some free food. Bring a set-up and get a free slice of pizza, chips, soda, and some candy. I prolly give like soda and chips for multi-outlets and extension cords.

When pre-registering please email to boug_13@yahoo.com and include:
email subject should say "GOHT4 pre-registration"
Alias
# of people you will be bringing along with their alias's
Equipment being brought
Events you plan on entering (64,melee,brawl)
additional comments or suggestions (optional)
if you plan on helping in anyway (brackets; match announcements, set-up, clean-up, etc. this is optional as well but helpers will receive some free food as well)

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Rules are going to be the toughest challenge. I promise something will be terribly abused at this tournament. Kudos to whoever finds it. lool..
That said if I decide to go to this it will probably be my first day playing Brawl, since I don't have a Wii yet. I say items off though. Although yes item matches are hella fun. ^_^

Lastly, the players who are good at the other games will be good at this game. While the basic movements will have been changed, the fundamentals haven't, and it will just be a case of quick inference. If Isai goes to any Brawl tournament, and he so chooses to mop the floor with everyone, he will do so. There may be a few upsets, but I doubt anything extreme.

Unless of course everyones still absolute garbage at the game, which is pretty likely lol.

Personally i think its gonna be sweet to watch legends fall against the hands of unknown players.
that's messed up bro.

Jem.

Smash Master
Legends won't lose to unknown players.

Don't hate me for using this example, but Halo 2 players are still **** at Halo 3. We don't lose to unknowns bud.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Legends won't lose to unknown players.

Don't hate me for using this example, but Halo 2 players are still **** at Halo 3. We don't lose to unknowns bud.
still yet match predictions will still be A LOT harder. and im sure some legends will be eliminated somewhat early.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, legends may get eliminated early. But I don't see it happening by new players to the smash series, or smashers that were really low or not even on their state/regions PR.

Atleast I won't let that happen :p

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
choknater and mistik: i will go ahead and put you on the who's comin list but follow the directions on the first post for pre-reg. email me at boug_13@yahoo.com with the apropriate info. thanx.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
remember people if you dont pe-reg before jan 1st you will not get a discount!

who wants to help me run each portion of the tourny? I need someone to make brackets for ssb one person for melee and one for brawl. each person would also be in charge of making sure matches are being completed. Every time i have a tourny im usually the only one and i end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off, informing everyone of their matches.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok less than 2 weeks to go people! start pre-registering before the deadline

also i have decided to drop the brawl entrance fee to $10. discounts will still apply if you pre-registered in time.

I have brainstormed a possible random list for brawl stages. here is the possible list:
-battlefield (need not justify this as a neatral stage)
-delfino plaza (although it changes i think most of the time it seems neutral, plus there are no stage hazards that we can tell so far)
-yoshi's island (the only thing that could potentially be an issue is the support ghost but i doubt that it will be)
-lylat cruise (looks pretty neutral. only potential problems are wether or not there will be stage hazards which it does not say on the site. also wether or not gravity might change to be lighter at times, tho i highly doubt it will)
-smashville (nothing seems to change on this level except the background)
-maybe castle seige (not sure how much the stage transformation will matter)
-maybe mario circuit (this could quite possibly not make the random list because of the karts that pass by. other than that is seems neutral

REASONS OTHER STAGES WONT BE RANDOM
-bridge of eldin (this almost made it to the random list because i was thinking it depends on how much of an influence king bulblin has on the battle, and how big the gaps are as well as how long they remain a gap. but i came to the conclusion it will be a big enough influence not to be random)
-summit (dont know if the floor is slippery for sure or not, the sinking glacier makes it so it shouldnt be random, plus the general shape of the stage doesnt seem right for a neutral stage)
-rumble falls (infinate glacier anyone?!?!nuff said)
-sky world (collapsing plaforms that you can smash opponents through....oh yes som character will have an advantage here)
-warioware (too many stage hazards)
-pokemon stadium 2 (mostly seems neutral except the flying stage)
-battleship halberd (again mostly seems neutral but there are those mechanical arms and lazers that are stage hazards)
-shadom moses island (any strong up smashers will have the advantage since you cant ko downward and at first you cant ko sideways. if those walls werent around id say maybe)
-new pork city (waaay too big. i see this being a chase match. running and throwing projectile would seem to happen all the time. hehehe if only y.link manages to make it in the game :) )
-pictochat (stage hazards and a lil small. its a slightly bigger flatzone IMO)
-norfair (lava is too big of an issue especially the wave of lava and the safe zone)
-hyrule castle (ummmm yeah dont need to say a word about this one)

keep in mind that this is not the final random list. most likely some will be taken off and maybe some added. we wont know for sure until that game comes out.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so just after i got done talkin about which stages will be on the random list....A NEW ONE APPEARS YAY!
However frigate orpheon will only be counterpickable. clearly this is not a random type stage due to the rotation. otherwise it would have made an excellent neutral stage.

Top Bottom