• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOH-T4 BRAWL,MELEE,64 Tracy Ca Dec. 8th

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Who will be the very first ever SuperSmashBrothersBrawl King of the Mountain? Will the same players that dominated Melee return to their thrown for Brawl? Its a new game and rules of engagement have changed! But are you up to the the challenge of being the first person to forever carve your name into Smash history as the first SSBB champion in california?

This december im throwing a BIG smash tourny involving all three of some of the greatest games ever created! This will be the first ever Brawl tournament in california! The competition will be fresh and EVERYONE is still NOOB. Im really excited to see who will pull out of the gates fastest. Personally i think its gonna be sweet to watch legends fall against the hands of unknown players.

Details still need to be worked out, but Iv been talkin to people brainstorming ideas. The first evident issue im dealing with is the venue. I can always easily rent out the recreation room where i have always held my tournaments. However, I intend for this tournament to be the biggest tournament I have thrown EVER! If i intend to do so, I will obviously need to find a bigger venue. I might be able to rent out a local Hall for around $300 (still need to find out exactly how much), or even possibly finding a hotel and rent out some connecting rooms like NCT1, but prolly something more roomy than last time. No dog**** on the carpet plz!!!! Either way i need to find some way of coming up with enough money! I was thinking some sort of fund raiser taking donations. People who pitch in at least like $20 get a percentage of profits earned from food sales and entrance fees. Another idea that TheGameII had mentioned was instead if we end up having more donated money than what was needed, we put it into the prize money! Please let me know which you would rather do or suggest any other ways to earn money!

Other issues are much simpler but involve getting enough TO's to run this thing smoothly! As well as equipment. We will obviously need quite a few Wii's gamecubes, nintendo64's, TV's, extension cords etc. So if you plan on coming to this let me know what you can bring and wether or not you would like to help out in anyway be it TO or just setting up equipment or creating brackets, ensuring matches are going on etc.

enough talk now here are the details FOR NOW.........

WHERE: Tracy, CA...address, until we find a better venue is 2929 N. MacArthur Drive (in the recreation room of Green Oaks Mobile Home Park)

WHEN: 11am Saturday December 8th (could potentially change depending on venue availibility)

EVENTS: Brawl Singles, 64 Singles, Melee Singles. Depending on the circumstances if this ends up being a two day event doubles will be on sunday.

ENTRANCE FEES: BRAWL-$15
MELEE-$10
64-$5

PRIZE MONEY: 1ST-%50 entrance fees
2nd-%25
3rd-%10

MELEE RULES: will be standard MLG rules for the most part. i may make is 3 stock however if
are pressed for time
BRAWL RULES: Items off, character and stage picks will be same as melee. There will be NO
ILLEGAL stages. I might decide on a list for random picks tho. 4 stock. other
than that since this is a new game this tournament will serve as a foundation
for the the future tournament rules so retrictions will be minimal!
64 RULES: Im not sure what rulesets were standard for this version so ill need to find out. if
anyone has any idea let me know

Thats pretty much all i have so far except also i will have a concession stand as always with pizza and snacks! I need as much feedback as possible if this is going to be big. Let me know if you can help, or if you have any question. Tell me as soon as possible wether or not you will make it and who you are bringing. Thank you all and hope to see you in december with your gamefaces!

Top Bottom