• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

god pikachu is so annoying!

HighInDaSky

Smash Cadet
especially his down smash + down B combo >_>

is there any way to counter pikachu's down smash? (excluding pk fire)

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
You can DI a bit out of the dsmash, but if you're caught right in the middle, airdodge after you're launched to get out of the thunder.

Or if you get launched to the side, you should recover from the stun fast enough to absorb the thunder, which makes a lot of Pika players slow the thunder spam.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
The Pikachu's I played/watched at my last tourney, spammed vB like it was going out of style. I'm almost positive that Lucas' vB can absorb the lightning bolt (not when it hits Pikachu). Everytime Pikachu sends you up, and runs under you, activate vB. I guess try tricking the player into using vB by jumping over them, then absorb the attack.

Hope this works, and that its actually a useful "tactic." :)

GenisSage

Smash Cadet
Yeah PsiMagnet does absorb the thunder attack but not the smash. Once u are hurled into the air by the smash attack immeadietly use PsiMagnet to absorb the thunder. Ussually all Pikachu players use this combo but some dont so be careful. Also dont over use the PsiMagent because once ur reachable again the chances are they will use the smash attack again. Goodluck

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
Okay quick point i think you already know this but PSI magnet will only absorb the bolt coming down and NOT the hitbox that is created when the thunder hits Pikachu.

And PSI magnet absorbs all around you, not just where the animation is. So if the thunder comes at you from the top you will still absorb it

hardcore

Smash Cadet
As stated, PsiM absorbs the bolt itself, so if you're tossed up in the air, obviously toggle it.
It'll make them stop spamming it and ultimately brighten your day :)!

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm stupid. I never thought to try to absorb that blasted bolt.

I mean, sure my friend has started to use Pikachu almost religiously, but even with that nasty combo, I am usually the one winning the matches.

Still, this is awesome news. What CAN'T Lucas do? lol

cyTO

Smash Rookie
My friend is a Pikachu player and the first few games he repeated that combo. Using PsiMagnet mixed with some DI is awesome. PsiMagnet heals for a decent amount too Pikachu is cake now...

IDK

Smash Lord
you could DI as others said... but i would range him and try to stay out of the air. if he's smart he'd use his b to get you up then downsmash or downspec but you can just... once again i forgot what its called... do the thing where you PKF and do sort of a midair wavedash for distance. it is done by using c as your b like most lucas users. you hit forward on the control stick and c stick in the direction you want to fade back into.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
From Press22 (a good Pika main)

Don't get in close
Don't fight in the air
Don't roll into him
Don't stand still

IDK

Smash Lord
thanks really helpful on the psi magnet advice. i am finally beating my friend.

Top Bottom