• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gloves while playing - Legal?

Malart

Smash Apprentice
I saw a video a while back of somebody showing off the Dragonic Reverse technique, and he mentioned that he wears cloth gloves while playing at tournaments. Is this usually allowed at tournaments, or is it something that differs from tournament to tournament? If so, what about rubber gloves? My fingers get greasy/sweaty easily and slip off of the thumbstick, so I was wondering if that was allowed. Don't know if I'll ever get to go to a tournament (hope so) but if I did, that would be invaluable to me.

nessokman

Smash Lord
gloves are items: No items in tournaments :troll:

JK I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed- they might slightly limit mobility though,

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Is it bad that after seeing this thread I want to enter a tournament with Mickey Mouse gloves on? I know it was a legitimate post, and I think that if it helps your play, as long as it isn't an unfair advantage, why wouldn't be allowed?

But I really need to get me a pair of Mickey Mouse gloves.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
well idk, It seems to increase my ability to quickly and efficiently execute inputs, especially DJC'd aerials at minimum height with P:M Lucas. maybe I need to relax my fingers more or something, but when I'm making my hands imitate a hummingbird with epilepsy, my finger tends to slide off of the center of the thumbstick, which messes up my directional input when I use tap-jump for the double jump. It gives me horizontal momentum that I don't want sometimes, and screws up the timing. But thanks guys, I'm glad for the reassurance.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I don't see why not. Now I want to put on only one glove and dress as Michael Jackson at tournaments. It would be fun. As long as you don't get cheap gloves that make those annoying sounds, I think it is legal.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
gloves are items: No items in tournaments :troll:

JK I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed- they might slightly limit mobility though,
Does this mean we can finally ban that broken character and my arch nemesis MARIO that glove-wearing hoodlum?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Gloves are fine. No reason to ban them. If anything were to be enforced, gloves wouldn't be top of the list of things to improve in the tourney scene to begin with.

Raddison

Smash Rookie
I've had a single glove that belonged to a pair of gloves about 5 years ago, but now i only have the left hand, kinda dissapointed when i could only find the one, so i put it on, and i pretty much game with it on all the time now. Its one of those ones that you can take the top off and have your fingers out, but the only problem is that the thumb part doesn't come off. >_>

Top Bottom