• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Luigi

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. You guys...wow. You sure do keep a tight ship! Just one stickied index thread...never seen that before. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)

WIGI

Smash Champion
something liek that. i think out thread has alot of info..not set up as pretty as that pikachu one, but i think it suffices. we even have a freakign online ladder lol =]

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It appears they all got compromised into the Table of Contents thread :chuckle:
Hey Virgilijus, I'm hippie =D (what a gay intro amrite LOL) I've lurked alot in Marth boards so I know what your like Long live King sire lol.

So PhantomX is our mod at the moment, not too long ago as wigi said, we just made our Table of contents our only sticky, it was sort of Px's idea, I guess the majority voted the ToC would be only sticky while me and maybe someone else was against it >__>. I believe the reason we only have it stickied is because it never really got any attention, and we've been getting threads that could have been easily looked at the ToC. So I guess we gave it some attention

Our main Luigi guide is really outdated, last updated in last July lol. Our matchup discussion moves really slowly, we don't really get anything done lol. Well other boards have visited our board for the MU discussion, myself and few have gotten it down at some point >.>.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I understand the ToC being the only stickied thread: a lot of times people completely ignore the stickies because...they're always there and don't really move.

if you want, I can try to lure other character boards in here to help spur matchup discussion. And if you or any one else wants to update the Luigi guide, you have my say to start it. Basically, if you guys want to change anything, now's the time. Of course, you have to agree some what first.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It's not really that, we just don't get enough discussion from the other luigis in the MU since they don't seem to part-take in the discussions for who knows what reason. But you don't have to lure character boards here lol.

As for the Luigi guide, not sure, it's not really my place to say since I'm just 1 person. If anything, it should be the creator of the guide, who has decision or at least notified about this. (he just got active again, but not super active but I'll inform him about this ASAP)

We have a Luigi Back Room like every other board (re-named Luigi's Mansion) the usual main luigi board peoples so we'll discuss at it . If you need the link I'll link it to the group.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
We wouldn't grab threads from people unless they were confirmed very inactive (and would still try to notify them).

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I don't understand the proposition. Are you asking for a new character guide? Or just an update on our old but good Luigi Strategy Guide?

There's one thing I want, though... the ToC's creator ALiAs seems to be inactive at the moment, but the ToC needs to be updated regularly. I thought he just got on vacation so he'd be able to maintain it, but I haven't seen him around. The moment might come where someone else needs to re-write a ToC.

Just one sticky is the best looking format ever... we just need the ToC to stay clean too.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I don't understand the proposition. Are you asking for a new character guide? Or just an update on our old but good Luigi Strategy Guide
Some boards need a new character guide while others just need to make sure theirs is updated. Sometimes boards get carried away with stickies and don't really need so many...obviously not your guys' case. But yes, just making sure that the guide and stickies are what they need to be.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
The original character guide that I had written, is currently well just that a character guide it really doesn't compromise many of the current metagame. Basically, that guide has each of Luigi's moves, frame data (By Magus), some AT's, coloring etc. in all pretty basic, (it's in the ToC).

I was already starting to work on my next idea for the competitive guide, which I wanted to be a full Luigi boards working together sort of project. (something different from the original one because it would be a good idea to have a guide for advanced gameplay separate from the basic character gameplay.)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be annoying to have one giant page to scroll down than having seperated threads? Or at least thats' what marth boards said. Unless we're making something similar to the Pika hugeass guide they have. That'll take months to complete lol. Though I still agree on working on complete huge guide that the whole board (mainly LBR) to work on.

Top Bottom