• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Fox

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see that you guys run a very tight ship here and that's good! Though the character guide is almost a year old and was last updated in September 08. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit

If you have any questions, please ask away.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'd gladly contribute to this!
Mav is constructing a guide now, we can use that and develop on it.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sounds good! if you guys need any moderation help/questions just throw me a line.
Yup ^_^. I plan to actually do a good bit today. Also, if anyone would want to do a particular section to help me out, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Summary: we're trying to redo most of the stickies in the character boards because many are redundant/out of date/messy. Of course, this doesn't apply to all boards but it's worth mentioning regardless.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, you don't have to be a mod to do them ;)

Us mods can accommodate most moderation needs if you need them.

Would any one else be interested in helping?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've got much mod experience from other forums (especially in terms of cleaning up, haha), and despite not being all too long on the Fox boards, I think I could support you in getting thrown out the useless threads. Or at least close them.

Besides this, I would be very happy to open and maintain a thread directory for the Fox boards where every important thread - including the non-stickies of course - would be collected and kept updated. I haven't seen one here.

Sound good?

Sukai

Smash Champion
I could help out Spadefox with organizations of what goes where and what is outdated or updated, stuff that died and so forth, including outside links and notable videos, giving viable demonstrations to "this" or "that".
I have some mod experience of my own.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The thread has been made, I would like to request it to be stickied.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238478

As said in the topic, VM me on my wall if you see:
a.) Some thread I've forgotten
b.) An utterly outdated thread that noone should ever take into consideration
c.) A thread/project you made, scrapped and which isn't tagged with "dead" in the list

Thanks~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well I think we should make a Fox Tutorial Vid that should go with M@V's guide, I'll be in charge of it if no one mines do, just message me if you want to help cause I'm gonna need some people to demonstrat moves with, a person who will record it and put on youtube cause I'm not good with all the youtube puttting text and stuff, I'll use the unlimited time replay (thanx Uzi), and send you to the vids itself, it's gonna be a big project but it'll be worth it, so like before if anyone wants to help or want more of a briefing just message or post on this thread.

EDIT: Me and Uzi are in charge of it.

Top Bottom