• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch with Bowser's grab

Synnett

Alligator Lord
So yep, just bought the game! Interestingly enough, the first match I played, I found a glitch...

So I picked Bowser and set the AI to 7 on random; he got Robin. We headed to Final Destination. After a few seconds of smashing him, I decided to grab him with my side B and fall down to our death. Well, when reaching the bottom, he somehow managed to escape my grab and try to recover. He lost two stocks and I won.

My guess is that Bowser died first, and AI being AI, he frame perfect jumped and recovered, since he was freed of the grab but couldn't reach the stage. Since he touched the "death zone", he lost a stock and lost another one after that.

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
This has happened to me plenty of times while fooling around on For Glory while waiting for a match lol. Weird how he lost two stocks just for that though. I think if he touched the end of the blast zone he wouldn't have come back, so there might not be a reasonable explanation for why he lost two stocks for that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This is entirely normal and not a glitch. After the first patch, Bowser now dies first upon Koopacide on almost ALL stages.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
This is entirely normal and not a glitch. After the first patch, Bowser now dies first upon Koopacide on almost ALL stages.
Actually, the AI lost two stocks for this one. First when I died, second when he tried to recover but failed.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Did you save the replay of it? There's not much we can do otherwise.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ah, I see what your saying. So even though the CPU escaped the Koopacide, he lost both his stocks for some reason.

I haven't seen this happen before. A replay would definitely be helpful. More testing needs to happen. Could be a character or stage dependent glitch.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yep, no replay :/ But I'll try to replicate the glitch on my 3DS.

I found something similar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d-LGqfdBQE
Wow, that's REALLY odd. I would have to guess that the same thing is happening. So if someone tries to jump out of a Bowsercide, it is entirely possible for them to lose a stock if they come into contact with the blast zone at the same time as they're jumping out of it. But that is really ****ing weird lol

Top Bottom