• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch: {IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR}

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
Credit goes to my friend Tremayne in Statesborough, GA. I dunno if other people have discovered this yet, but it's a fun looking trick and has some application in team battles. Here ya go:

-Pick Snake and Dedede

-Have Snake do his Dsmash(plant a mine)

-Move Dedede close to the mine, but not close enough that he would touch it when he does his neutralB

-Do Dedede's neutralB

-CHARGE UR LAZOR

Nacht004

Smash Rookie
I believe this is old, and known about...Good personal discovery though, but yea. Plus, no real strategic value unless teams...maybe.

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
I don't expect it to change the metagame or anything, lol. It's just some fun glitch for the lulz.

I suppose...if you WERE dedede and snake in a team match, dedede could activate the mine while snake shoots a nikita over it or something. It could also be done at the edge for edgeguarding, but it's still more for fun than anything else.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
WTF I have PPF as one of my friends...who are you!?!?

Ferdi edit:

What happens when snake does another Dsmash elsewhere? Since his Dsmash cancels the other one out if he does another Dsmash while a mine is already planted...

Vro

Smash Lord
knihT, thank you for the links to the videos, they were very comprehensive. Perhaps useful in team battles (D3 & Snake)?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Can we black hole with this? or no.
And does DDD's neutral B have a time limit on how long you can hold it?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
u c`an hold it, the screen started to shake sometimes, maybe if u made a lot of other aimations occur, u could try to black hole it or something

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
lol me and my friend tried this during a real team battle, and every new opponent we face have the same reaction: they just stand in place, too scared to do anything. XD Definitely useful as a mindgame.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Sorta old ?___?

Two lucarios charging aura spheres while wearing franklin badges on the top platform of battlefield, and then throwing unira's into it is pretty fun.
The screen shakes like mad.
So thats probably closer than this to a black hole?

I've tried doing other things while Dedede did this, but couldnt find anything else out.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Team Battle, Dedede with Snake. Set the mine, do this glitch, put Snake inside the explosion feild (meaning Team attack is off) and spam everything but side B, and you have an easy match.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Team Battle, Dedede with Snake. Set the mine, do this glitch, put Snake inside the explosion feild (meaning Team attack is off) and spam everything but side B, and you have an easy match.
Not necessarily. As soon as the opponent gets hit by the glitched mine, it wears off. By then, your opponents will catch onto your tactics.

Besides, who puts Team Attack off? =P

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
WTF I have PPF as one of my friends...who are you!?!?
More like, who are you?

You sure it's me? My comment is .:TEC4LIFE:. so you might want to double check. :p

Cool that people have used this in team battles with some success. I pulled it off myself a few times on Wifi, I would have loved to see the looks on these people's faces, hah.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
This would be pretty cool for when it's teams and one of the other teammates is knocked out... D3 knocks them off, Snake plants a mine and jumps off to edgeguard, D3 CHARGES HIS LAZOR and stops when Snake wants to come back.

Top Bottom