• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Glitch?] Double Edge Spring?

Ereki

Smash Cadet
I'm unsure of how to explain this.

I was just messing around this morning as Sonic on FD, just practicing throws and off stage gimps. By no means playing seriously.

I was playing against Donkey Kong, and as I said, throwing off stage and then trying to kill him off early. However, while I was rushing back to the stage with the spring, I somehow did two, one near the bottom of the stage, and then one right near the edge. I don't think I grabbed the edge, I didn't see the frames at all for it.

If you'd like to see, I'll send the replay [add me with Wii Code/Friend Code]. If this was already reported, sorry for wasting a thread.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
interesting. were u near the edge at all? I'll probly want to see this replay... I'm thinking u had to of grabbed the edge, or atleast started to grab it and then up b.

Tenki

Smash Hero
was the Donkey Kong above you at any point during the fall, or after the first spring?

...too many false alarms due to footstool jumps lately :[

Ereki

Smash Cadet
I've been reviewing the replay for a little bit now, it still confuses me. I, if not at all, barely see any pause between the first spring and the second spring near the ledge.

Tenki: Here was the scenario. I was knocked off, and DK tried to jump off and spike me down. I sprung up and he dodged it, and jumped back to stage, all the while, I somehow sprung up again. It wasn't a footstool at all.

Umby

Smash Master
Well if it wasn't a mistaken FSJ, there have been reports of a glitch matter where people up+B, hit the stage, and the ledge grab registers, but you fall back off anyway, giving you another up+B.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This is actually old news.
It was in a lucario thread.
Apparently if the character touches the lip of the stage it allows any move to be done again.
So Lucario can use his ^B twie and Marth can ^B twice.
You have to hit the very tip of the edge, the very upper part of it after the ^B and sonic can ^B again.
Entirely useless since Sonic's recovery makes this unnecessary.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
so really... u can just up b hit the ledge and up b immidiately again, how is that useless? thats sweet.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You don't hit the ledge you hit the very top layer of it.
---
-

the above is your ledge. If you aim too high you end up back on stage.
Anywhere from bottom to top is where your character grabs it.
That very first dash on top is where you need to touch in order to be capable of activating your ^B
You want to stop your recovery right at tat very most part which is extremely difficult to do during a fight.
Characters like Lucario can make use of it since they can direct themselves.
It's entirely useless for Sonic since in order to do such a thing you would have to be coming from the very bottom of the stage, something that us somewhat of a poor position since your opponent can just edgehog you and you'll fall to your death.

yeah its useful but the amount of times you'll actually land it during a fight is so small you're better off just recovering normally.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
some one should really try to replicate that exact same scenario and see what happens, sonic at 163% and everything

could it really have just been a fluke in the games code?????? it hase to be possible to re-create this.

Top Bottom