• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch- do Final Smash w/ no items

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, my friend, my brother and I were all playing 5 stock matches, no items, made sure right after this glitch happened. He was Falco, can't remember who I was, I think Snake. My bro was Link maybe? Don't know. Oh, too, it was a custom level my bro made, nothing special, just a style like FD for melee. Anyway, killed Falco one time, and somehow, when he comes back on the revival platform, glowing like he opened a smash ball. Then landmaster comes. NO ITEMS!

Has weird crap like this happened to anyone else before? It was just very weird. Definitely had no items on, had no problems before, we looked after that match, items set on none, other than that, all items not checked on or off. Is this some kind of glitch Sakurai put in on purpose as a joke or something?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Does anyone actually read the Dojo, ever? And isnt this in the manual?

Anyway it's called a 'pity' final smash. If someone is loosing, badly, they may be granted a FS use by the game.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
He stated he killed Falco only once though. I thought the PitySmash activated after one person has killed another 3 times without dying once? Perhaps not 3, but certainly not 1.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
He stated he killed Falco only once though. I thought the PitySmash activated after one person has killed another 3 times without dying once? Perhaps not 3, but certainly not 1.
What else can it be then? Theres nothing to discuss. It was a pity final smash.
Also, the guy doesnt even remember what characters they used, im not sure i can trust the info he's posted completely.

Time to close this thread?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Does anyone actually read the Dojo, ever? And isnt this in the manual?

Anyway it's called a 'pity' final smash. If someone is loosing, badly, they may be granted a FS use by the game.
Precisely. That's all it was.

Nothing Special
No Glitch
No Exploits
No Items
Final Destination

Shuma

Smash Hero
LandSmash.

Only happens if you're using Fox/Falco/Wolf and if you're stocked once.

I'm Dead. ****ing. Serious.

Land ****ing Smash.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It was a Pity FS.
I am always SHOCKED at how LITTLE people read the Dojo

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Pity final smashes will pop up if you have items on None but the smash ball is still selected 'On'
I think you can remove them by turning the smash balls to 'Off'

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique09.html

Even if someone has it,
all it takes is some aggressive offense...!

Do you use it as soon as you get it? Or save it for later? Do you run from an enemy who got it? Or do you chase him? You’ll need instant situational decision-making!

And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

Now, if you don’t want to use Final Smashes whatsoever, you can restrict the appearance of this item in the Item Switch. If you just turn Smash Balls off, you’ll be set.

The game-changing Final Smash. Using it is fun. Running from it is fun, too.​

/Dojo mode

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
not everyone has read the dojo. and i dont think its writtin in the manual.

To be honest, it's generally assumed and highly recommended that you have read the DOJO if you joined this site because you're a smash fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom