• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch 2 Preview: New formats (Triples and more!)

Image Credits: VGBootCamp

Six months have passed since Glitch, and finally the time has come. Given the success of Glitch, VGBootCamp brings us Glitch 2. Similarly to its prequel, it will be held at Xanadu, and this time it will host seven events total, instead of the previous four; one of them will be done for charity.

Formats
As said before, Glitch 2 will host seven formats, but players can only pick four of them. The formats will be Wii U Singles, Doubles, Low Tier Singles, Customs, Triples, Amiibo and Brawl Singles. The latter three are new to the tournament series.

Low-Tier Singles
:4charizard::4littlemac::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4shulk::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4samus::4zelda::4drmario::4link::4dedede: :4wario::4falco::4feroy::4bowserjr:
Sacking Mewtwo, Duck hunt, Game & Watch, Lucina and Robin while welcoming in Wario, Falco, Roy and Bowser Jr. The previous Glitch Low Tier champion was VoiD, who won a close set in grand finals over Dath. This time around, we have more threats participating in this event, such as Tweek and John Numbers, who have managed to get 1st or top 8 consistently with their characters.

Triples
Triples has a very interesting stage list. Pokemon Stadium 2 is a starter while Norfair, Big Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion and Midgar are counter pick stages. With stages producing hazards being allowed, will we see players using the hazards to their advantage? Or will they simply get janked by them?

Amiibo Side Tournament
The Amiibo Side Tournament will feature best of 3 matches, 2 stock, 6 minutes, with stages randomly selected between Battlefield, Final Destination and Smashville. This event benefits Share Stock, a Smash-based charity organization whose funds go to Child's Play Charity. To donate directly, please visit the Share Stock smash.gg page: https://smash.gg/tournament/share-stock/details

Notable Players

Player | Character
Gavin "Tweek" Dempsey|:4cloud2::4bowserjr:
Wesley "Circa 6wx" Alexander |:4sonic:
Marcus "VGBC Pink Fresh" Wilson|:4bayonetta:
Corey "False" Shin|:4marth::4sheik:
Joseph "VexXSeagull Joe" Raucher|:4sonic:
Brett "8BitMan" Esposito|:4rob:
Remzi "EZG Remzi" Zayid|:4corrinf::4zss:
Eric "Mister Eric" Riddle|:4rob:
Eric "Mr.E" Weber|:4marth:
Orlando "TremendoDude" Fernandez|:4shulk:
Troy "Puppeh" Wells|:4sheik:
John "Ho3k John Numbers" Goldberg|:4wiifit::4corrinf:

Stream/Schedule

The event will be streamed on twitch.tv/vgbootcamp and twitch.tv/vgbootcamp2 starting at 4pm with Brawl top 8. Pools matches will not be streamed. The full schedule can be found in spreadsheet format here.

Are you excited for Glitch? Let us know in the comments section! Use the twitter hashtag #Glitch2SSB to spread the hype and be sure to check out the Glitch Fantasy Draft for a chance to win awesome prizes!

Last edited:
Dominic "RayOfCannon" William

Comments

YES TRIPLES
An MD/VA tournament that I'd actually be able to do well at if I could go?
By the way, those stages don't have hazards when over 4 players. Why is Pyrosphere not neutral?

Last edited:
Well, this ain't making me happy. Brawl conflicts with my preexisting commitments. The one time in ages anyone has bothered to stream Brawl... And I can't watch.

EDIT: My other thing was canceled today. Umm... Yay?

Last edited:
Top Bottom