• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
I've been playing bit for about a month now and I've never been able to figure out how to glide with him. I've gotten other techniques down like arrow swarming and Angelic Stepping, but I guess gliding just evades me. Little help.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You might be the first person to Arrow Swarm before Glide man. It's like running a marathon before standing for the first time. lol

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
hold the jump button after the 2nd jump
Just to clarify (and Kupo definately knows this), you can hold jump to glide off any "aerial" jump; not just the 2nd.

In a certain view, you could do it off your "first" jump if you just walked off the stage, or something like that. Technically it would be your 2nd jump, tho.

If you glide off your last jump, you will enter a FallSpecial state if you end the glide in the air or whatnot (therefore unable to UP+B, etc). It's ill advised to glide on any jump other than 2nd or 3rd with Pit.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
+you can't glide more than once with 4jumps.

kupo15

Smash Hero
and also you can glide by rotating your joystick in jumps 2-4. Not recommended but you need to know that in order to not accidentally glide when you don't want to. Its annoying.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
f*** you under dog thats right i put the E in how does that make you feel

(this is all a joke so that people know)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm actually trying to think of a way to memorialize this achievement of your's Falln. lol

Falln07

Smash Rookie
either way i figured out how i never thought of that solution. i don't usually use X and Y as jump buttons I prefer to use the control stick. but now i only use them for gliding.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, good for you. :) If you don't mind me asking, why not use "x" or "y" to jump? I do it to SH stuff. as well as glide.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah that is madness congrats on learning arrow swarming though, its some fun stuff haha.... oh and i think we should have a rule, only flame non pit mains muahaha, they are unworthy :D

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Actually I also learned arrow swarming before gliding. I just never told anyone because I thought it would be embarrassing.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I learned how to glide before walking. *closes eyes* *thinks of memories from long ago*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah the first thing I did was learned how to glide and then applied it mentally to what I knew Pit could already do. Of course that was even before E4all or however it's spelled. lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I lived in Germany for six years, My family moved back to the states 7 years ago though. :(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
utah kinda sucks everyone judges me because im not mormon (was born 1 but im sending papers to finaly get my name off the list but they never trully remove your name) got nothing against any religion but i dont like many of the people in this matter

kown

Smash Lord
no one lives in India. sadly im always classified as the guy from simpsons. but i have feelings and i dont have a big accent. You guys should check out russell peters on youtube. best indian comedian alive. aight im going back to my quick e mart to work.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
utah kinda sucks everyone judges me because im not mormon (was born 1 but im sending papers to finaly get my name off the list but they never trully remove your name) got nothing against any religion but i dont like many of the people in this matter
haha yeah i got a few friends who are mormon and even they are scared of Utah mormons

@ Dangr: where in germany did you live, were you with the military?

@kown: india, thats pretty awesome, bet youre really dying for some hamburger or steak though, cause wont the indians eat you alive if they see you eating cow?

kown

Smash Lord
haha yeah i got a few friends who are mormon and even they are scared of Utah mormons

@ Dangr: where in germany did you live, were you with the military?

@kown: india, thats pretty awesome, bet youre really dying for some hamburger or steak though, cause wont the indians eat you alive if they see you eating cow?
omg just cause were skiiny doesnt mean we dont have hamburger or steak. in matter of fact we have curry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom