• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding over tall buildings in a single shuttle loop: The Meta Knight Social

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
META KNIGHT

Brawl Down Air restored instead of the suicide dive of 3.02.

TIME TO BE BROKEN!

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does it have different knockback angles if you hit facing forward vs facing backwards?

leaks pls

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
9bit that description of Dimensional Cape is the exact same as it was before - they meant that if you use it, you lose all your jumps in the air. Whether or not that's the same using it from the ground remains to be seen. LOL.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
K that's what I figured.

Let's hope they keep it the way it is, it's so fun now!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
DDD and Icies. I sold out and went Fox the whole time lol. But he is really good, he has beaten Silentwolf, Bladewise, Blunted_Object, Seibrik, etc.
He beat those players
With ic...?
YOU SHOULDA BOP HIM WE BOT PROUD OF U

Espi

Smash Journeyman
No, he did it with DDD lol. He is a really good Brawl icies player, but he didn't play ic's in 3.02 because they... sucked...
His tag is Big D

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
No, he did it with DDD lol. He is a really good Brawl icies player, but he didn't play ic's in 3.02 because they... sucked...
His tag is Big D
oh that guy
for shame
how we gonna tell everyone mk is a top 3 character if we cant win

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Oh man have I lost my practice. I used to play Smash 3 hours a day, but now I suck. We should just have a Training section in our guide that has been dead for a while. writ stuf pl0x

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Dont need that crap
Just play the game with stuff in mind and be gud
Like the homie pryon flax be sayin
Being bad is a choice

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What are some cool meta knight textures? I'm bored of the weak selection he has available. I often find myself rocking the OG variation.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
FINE THEN, IT'S ACTUALLY CONCEPT ART MK NOT "BUTTERFLY" MK.
jokes i'm chill as ****

True that. Tru dat... Chu dat?
idk I'm being random
You can swallow, but can you chudat?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ 9bit 9bit
friggin accept

guys
learn the sh double aerials
they are way past op
way good
so good
we should have all been doing them since meta knight dropped

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
@ Kappy Kappy
I think we were arguing about the sh double up-air approach at some point. I didn't like it because the low active frame number makes it vulnerable to movement and the low horizontal range makes it vulnerable to anti-approach attacks.
I thought about it a little...
It seems the movement problem is not that big if you react to the movement and can do any aerial / a down-b or a waveland instead of the second up-air (up-air->bair is hard but that is what practice is for). So a WD won't make the options of all your airtime useless, but only the first half.
The second problem still exists: With a dash jump from rather big distances it does not work because the first up-air can't even connect for spacing reasons. If you are close grabbing or f-tilting is probably better. I like the option though if you are next to them, but facing away from them, because it is faster than bair and more versatile than nair or turnaround->anything. Even there it shouldn't be your option 100% of the time, but there is no way to beat it without a read.
Out of shield it is also a fairly good option, if there is no way to get a guaranteed punish.
I think that the up-air->other aerial normally leads to a favourable position if done correctly, but you have to get in their range with it first and if you managed that, you could have done something else, too.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Bruh. LOL. The only other SH Uair->Aerial that's good is Nair, and that's because if you use it close to the ground it's extremely hard to punish OoS.

It has good shield pressure, too. Obviously, it's not the best option but I think it's one of his best. In 3.02 I'd argue that grab and Ftilt were superior, but now you really gotta think about where you wanna put yourself after you commit to a move. I like shield pressure, so I naturally opt for SH Uair -> Uair because that puts my opponents in their shield and then I can do something off of that.

Ryan Grant

Smash Rookie
I was thinking of picking up mk, and I wanna know 1 thing, Does pressing jump/attack during up b make it lagless like Brawl?

Player-3

Smash Hero
cool char

what do i do about heavy cc characters such as roy/samus/rob as far as i can tell matchups are essentially impossible because hitting them with anything that isnt grab gets you punished

Servine1212

Smash Rookie
cool char

what do i do about heavy cc characters such as roy/samus/rob as far as i can tell matchups are essentially impossible because hitting them with anything that isnt grab gets you punished
Well generally at lower percents you want to fish for grabs so you can stack up damage to roughly 20-30%. At that point if you hit the with an approaching aerial such as fair u can follow it with an immediate up smash or a down tilt to breack their crouch cancel and start Combo off. Alternatively you can approach a crouching opponent with a rising down air then immediately fast fall and chase them for the grab or if the have a low shield or are still in the in the air upsmash or down tilt your way into another combo. Hope this helped.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umbreon has playtested 3.6 and he says that Meta Knight is "****ing awesome" in this version.

So we'll see how that goes.

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
9bit I hope you're right. I hate to complain about my main but the more I play him the less I feel confident in him.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Hey! I'm fiddling with MK, possibly going to pick him up as a secondary, but I can't quite seem to figure out the physics of DC. How do I control movement? How do I control which way he swings? What sort of distance can I travel with it?

Top Bottom