• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding Mind Games, Fusion of Techniques

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
First off you have to remember how to glide Shift. Posted by Scio a few weeks ago
Basically you set up for a normal glide but DI'ing downward before you start to glide.
You should end up with a glide starting from a lower point

Next you should remember that when gliding down to the ground you can attack with A causing no Lag and a slide. Or you can A while directed towards the ground, Not attacking but sliding.

Also you should know that hitting X, or Y while gliding ,( or C on wii mote) should cancel your glide out. Doing this above the ground will cause some landing lag.

But hitting X right before you hit the ground will cause 0 Lag with 0 slide and c sticking abilities

I tryed it on my friend through-out the match I have done my share of gliding. Watching the reactant of my friend i seen that he just shielded from my glide and c-stick. But instead of attacking I glided next to him Canceled the glide with X near the ground C- sticking forward
He was expecting a glide and stop dodged. With that being done the Second swipe hit him and wind up killing him. Please tell me what you think about this. But i think its a good combination of glide shifting and glide canceling combining with c stick for major mind games. :psycho:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yep, this should be a fundamental ability for all Pit players. If for whatever reason you haven't been messing around with Gliding options to mess with your opponents drop whatever it is you're doing and get to work on this.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
mhm gliding is beastly, one of the main reasons i chose to main pit
gliding in general is just one huge mind game, and this looks like a pretty good way to screw with their brain haha

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I agree to be honest when i did it the first time it was by accident and tryed it again and dropped too far off the ground than i did the last time and won +). But yea gliding is one hard thing to stop. To stop it you need accuracy precision and timing. Now this works to pit's advantages even more.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
This definately works, I just played several matches with Sir Lucario and was quite suprised when he pulled these off. I'd assume that even the best brawlers out there could be surprised by this maneuver.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
I've noticed from most of the vids i've seen that people forget that not only can you glide shift, but you can DI backwards while initiating the glide. Very, very useful for spacing and mind games.
btw hi, I'm new.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I've noticed from most of the vids i've seen that people forget that not only can you glide shift, but you can DI backwards while initiating the glide. Very, very useful for spacing and mind games.
btw hi, I'm new.
Hi ty for the input and i agree a lot of people forget they have multiple ways of gliding.

Also welcome to the pit furoms thingy

Top Bottom