• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"glidehop" some more edge mix up *CRAPPY VIDEO*

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
k so the other day when i was playing i realized my f-air from the edge didn't really pressure/reach people standing.. let's say... a little more than ike's range distance. so i tried to figure out ways to reach them without being too obvious and thought of something new and i'll just call it some crappy name for now since i can't really think of anything creative.

so~ to do this "glidehop" basically
-you let go of the edge and hold jump so you start instantly gliding
-as soon as you start to hold jump hold up at the same time so you don't just glide into the stage(i don't know how this works if you have "up" set to jump since i have it off on my control config")
-when you start the glide just spam the crap out of A and you'll glide cancel into an instant u-tilt

from my one day of testing at today's tournament it's gotten good results and u-tilt at low% is a nice setup for... w/e you wanna do next and the glide moves so quick it caught people off guard. i'm sure you can throw in different mix up games like grabbing instead of u-tilt if they start to catch on and shield... iono it's just something i'd like to share and i guess claim if no one has already =P

*edit: i'm sorry but this is the best i can do for now. once i get some better recording equipment i'll upload a new video but for now this is the best i can do.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-918BLZNk2k (it's SOOOOO bad but as long as you can make out what's going on... it's good right? :D rofl)

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
yeah i figured this was a lil hard to just explain in just words. i'll try to get a quick footage up later today.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Fun stuff. I tried this and got owned today. However mine wasn't nearly as clean as your's. Do you mind if I add a clip of GlideHopping to my next UndrWorld installment? lol

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
yeah sure. i don't mind. it's fun to get in your opponent's face with it =P.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Looks neat. The only problems that I see is that the glide takes a lotta time to start up and it cant be cancelled. Which can lead to being punished if your opponent has projectiles or sees it and forward smashes or something similar. I havent tried it in game yet but i'll see if it works out for me ^_^

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
well what usually happens for me is while i edge camp the only choice i give my opponent is to jump up higher than me or stay back to punish me after i get on the stage since the arrows + aerials have a lot of priority if spaced right. so when they start staying behind or trying to get me from above i throw in a glidehop. they're waiting for me to attack first so they usually don't expect a u-tilt in the face. the worst that has happened so far was they shielded the u-tilt but i glided past them so there wasn't much chance to punish. everything happens so quick after the glide comes out and this was all experience from friendlies with DSF.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
i just tried this, i pulled off a fsmash out of the glide instead of a utilt. i think it is possible to do other attks as well

edit. okay, well i just was doing this and i found out what happends. when pit does his glide attack he slides on the ground and is in normal position, causing him to be ready to do ANY attack. so basically, when u glide attack and land on the floor, you can instantly do any attack u want.

Top Bottom