• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GlickoMan Player Ratings Manager

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I've had to add a lot of old matches manually, and I'm a bit discouraged to find that I have to move them all up individually to the appropriate date(Which is, as mentioned earlier by Kadano, not an easy task). I'd love to be able to select multiple matches, if that's possible.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It should be possible to implement, though I wonder why you wouldn't just reload the file and import it to the correct point in the history.
For now, an easy solution would be to open the data file up in Notepad and cut-paste the matches to the appropriate point, since the file itself is extremely straightforward.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It wasn't from importing a file, I only have an image to work off of so I had to add matches manually, one by one.

That seems like an easy enough solution, thanks.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Alright, went ahead and implemented the requested functionality, in case this becomes a thing again.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Even though it was from a long time ago, I wanted to say thanks for this program. I used it a bunch near the end of my work with PSASBR and it was awesome.

I've gotten a new computer since then, and went to try and download this to play around with but it keeps saying it's malware in Chrome and wont let me properly download it, would be worth fixing.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Unfortunately it seems that Chrome is wrongly marking executable files (even executables in ZIPs) from Mediafire as malware, and I haven't found a solution to this yet other than disabling the malware detector in Chrome or downloading the file from another browser.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Unfortunately it seems that Chrome is wrongly marking executable files (even executables in ZIPs) from Mediafire as malware, and I haven't found a solution to this yet other than disabling the malware detector in Chrome or downloading the file from another browser.
I'll just got that route then, thanks for making something this awesome man.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll open source if I ever redo the project, I'm not comfortable showing the code of the current one haha

EDIT: Currently experimenting with...

Last edited:

VVB

SD Champ
I've been experimenting with different ranking algorithms to write a front end for when I stumbled across this - Awesome! I'm only having one issue...

I had a issue when uploading two Challonge files in one database. If I uploaded week 1 pools (11 games per player), the record count on the leaderboard and the player Match History is correct. However, when I add week 2 (13 games per player) pools the leaderboard shows more total played matches than the amount of matches actually played. If I upload week 2 then week 1, it calculates correctly in both leaderboard and player Match History, but that skews the ranks. The week 2 bracket has four new players that were not in week 1 and there were two week 1 players that are not in week 2.

Example: 24 games total for both weeks, but leaderboard counts 35. New players added in week 2 showed 24 games when it should only be 13 games. The two player's match count who were not in week 2 pools show correctly at 11 games.

I tested this in both Tio and Challonge with the exact same results. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think I've ever encountered that issue before. Did you try uploading week 2, then week 1, setting week 1 to be placed before the week 2 matches in the menu?

VVB

SD Champ
Just tried it. Gave the same issue.

EDIT: It actually worked whenever I prompted to recalculate the matches on the leaderboard after importing them in order.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Made an update, this should significantly improve performance for anyone who has a particularly large tournament history file.

SHÈ

Smash Rookie
Thank you for making this program. It's really cool. Sorry if you've stopped working with the project, but I have a question regarding the "Period separator" you've put in. How should I interpret it, say, if I want to consider weeklies from a hole year an best take into account the development of our players. How often should I put in "period separators"?

also (if you're still considering changes):
1. Could delete more than one match at a time
2. Move a group of matches (say a whole tournament) up or down in the history
3. Put in separators at arbitrary points in match history after all the matches are in the database (makes it easier to play around with it).

dooweey

Smash Rookie
hihi i know that you've dropped development for this in favor of skillkeeper but my region recently adopted glickoman because of the grades that it seperates people under. With that said, I was wondering how grades are calculated?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Grades are calculated by an absolute number range lol. They're actually kinda arbitrary.

Top Bottom