• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glendarden, Maryland Nintendo Wii

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
Is the wii ever going to be mailed or should I just go looking for one to buy on my own?

Shinku

Smash Champion
i did talk to the guy not that long ago and he told me hell defintly mail to the Wii to Azen or whoever in due time. so idk kaiser man, all i can say is sorry i guess.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
woooow I feel sorry for Azen (and Kaiser). Just my personal opinion, but if I held a tourney for a Wii, I'd purchase the Wii beforehand and have it at the fest on a pedestal for everyone to get excited about. I'd make the entrance fee for the tourney = WiiCost/numPlayers.

From what things look like though, all you need is patience and you'll get the Wii. Hope everything goes according to plan. Still wish I could have been at the tourney, but then again I was supporting my local smashfest. :)

Shinku

Smash Champion
oh god, i know its messed up. but look the guy offered two options, do you want the money right now or the wii. and whom ever wanted the wii to be mailed. i know it sucks guys

kirbstir

Smash Lord
This is why you always have the prize upfront before claiming someone can win it.

hova

Smash Champion
it's not excusable when u lure people to ur tournament with wii bait

whoever decided to offer the wii as a prize without actually having a wii is an idiot

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
=\

It's sorta unnerving, to me, when this sorta stuff happens...

I don't assume anything about anyone, they may or may not have honestly been planning to get a wii, and they may or may not have just mis calculated and not been able to... AND they may or may not still get that wii..

But my point is, when this sorta stuff happens in the community and people get ripped off it looks bad as a whole for the local smash community. Some of the smaller establishments trying to run tournies need to be backed by refutable sources or we'll all fear it's just a rip off, and when the fears get confirmed we might get into this mindset that you can't trust the community, which is CLEARLY BAD JU JU

I hope everything gets worked out and Alex gets his Wii, but I also hope this doesn't scar some reputation, or the community's reputation.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
That makes me suspect it is a scam.

How many people entered this tourney? What were the payouts? I want to know how much this kid made off of the smashers.

chillindude829

Smash Master
The entry fee was $10 per team and $5 per singles.

I believe about 5 or 6 teams entered and around 15 people entered singles.

$10 x 6 = $50; me and azen got $40 for winning, husband and wife got $10 for second. so there's no problem there, unless more than 5 teams entered, which i cant remember about

Shinku said:
Prize: Singles: 1st Nintendo Wii, 2nd and 3rd cash prize
$5 x 15 = $75. azen won, kaiser got 2nd, i got 3rd. 2nd+3rd were promised payouts in addition to first being promised a wii (see above), and me and kaiser were told that because so few people showed up, 2nd and 3rd werent gonna be paid. instead he was just told to show up at an address and given a phone number to get his wii.

he called the next day and was told that some guy who was supposed to bring the wii didn't show up or something, and then given the option of waiting for his wii to be mailed or taking $100.

so yeah thats the whole story, we obviously are getting scammed unless a wii shows up on kaisers doorstep sometime soon

edit: shinku isnt the one who was handling the wii, some other guy was. so i feel bad that he gets the blame, but since he posted and advertised it, its his responsibility

Top Bottom