• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Give me yoshi tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu24

Smash Cadet
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PL,EASE ANYBODY I NEED SOME YOSHI TIPS just give me any info you got and ill use it. :chuckle:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yoshi's sheild lasts 1 frame longer than anyone else's.

really I can tell you how to kill a man but if you never do it you'll never understand in many ways you have to learn on your own. Because if you tryed to sum up anyone even in a detailed way it's not as useful as playing and learning and testing. I could say pichu is only nair which is somewhat true because techically it's his best option but that's a terrible way to play even if you master your spacing.

j3ly

Smash Champion
learn to shorthop.

once you got that down, practise using back-air with a short hop. The second you land you can use any attack instantly. back air -> pivot -> forward-tilt is a good combo to start yourself with.

same goes for forward air!

ignore downB + eggroll

spam the crap outta down smash, yoshi is the 3rd heaviest character in the game so can crouch cancel many attacks

USE THE AIRDODGE TO RECOVER, thats the shoulder button - hold towards the stage and airdodge after using yoshis second jump for extra recovery distance.

this should get you started if all your friends do it roll and smash

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think the distinction is important. I didn't disagree with his strategy's core. Bair --> F-tilt is pretty staple.

However, for links that require a specific movement in between for them to work, such as Marth F-throw --> WD --> F-smash vs some characters at certain percents, I think getting the movement tech correct is important or the combo is wrong.

I know he probably didn't intend it that way (an actual pivot), but I think it should be corrected anyway.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yoshi's sheild lasts 1 frame longer than anyone else's.

really I can tell you how to kill a man but if you never do it you'll never understand in many ways you have to learn on your own.
what the ****
my mind was just blown

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I remember when Melee just came out and threads like these were everywhere.

Moo pretty much answered this; just read the guides and if you have any specific questions, you can go to any of the technique or matchup threads (there is a stick with links) and there should also be a video critique thread if you record yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom