• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gippsland Smash

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
I would like to know who these Gippsland Smashers are, because I think I would get along quite well with them. Does anyone here go to GippsTAFE Yallourn?
See the link in my long ass post on page 1, everyone that I'm aware of is part of that group.

If you play with anyone else, or have friends that are slightly interested, get them to join in too.

There's obviously a lack of people that know about Smashboards, or that play Smash in the valley, so we need to get as much new blood in on this as possible.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Added the FB group to the OP.
Hopefully can get everyone to join the forums on Friday, then maybe start planning a tournament.
I think 40 people would be realistic for a Morwell/Traralgon based event given enough notice.

S.D

Smash Master
Well hopefully this thread becomes more active soon.
Whereabouts do you like Kubu and what's your preferred game? I live in Traralgon if you want to get some games in sometime.

S.D

Smash Master
Nice! Well I'd be up for some PM, I don't think either of us would have much fun playing melee together unfortunately, but I encourage you to take the game up - it's awesome!

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
Falcon Finds Love #3 - 10 Players :( -

Some crazy **** happened that unfortunately we missed on recordings.

Thought I was going to take game one in WF and choked hardcore.

S.D pit next level tho.

1. S.D :pit:
2. FMSKenny :ganondorf::marth:
3. Doozy :gw::ness2:

4. Red Leader Dolan :diddy::falcon:

6. Blake :zelda:

6. Everise :metaknight:

8. Makunda :sonic::bowser2::marth:

8. Juggers :ganondorf::snake:

10. ItzFungus :lucas::charizard::metaknight:

10. Noddy :mario2::lucario::samus2:

Splice

Smash Hero
haha awesome
Now Traralgon has become the P:M capital of Victoria, and S.D is right amongst it.
Guess I let my last chance to win a P:M tourney in Oz slip by a little too easily.

Can't wait to play the Gippsland group though!

Splice

Smash Hero
Please don't get hype about this!

WE ARE NOT GOOD. Although we are 8/10 at creating atmosphere for hype kills.
Nah sorry I'm still hype about this.
And if we're talking about P:M, we're not great at it in Melbourne.

But I'm just hype just because there's more people!

+ The humor I see from your scene is uncannily similar to some of ours.
Aussies gonna aussie.

Keen to come down to the next one if it's in June or early July.

Last edited:

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
S.D and I will probably start trying to think of something on Monday. I'd say probably mid June or start of July for something big, obviously our success is gated by interest and availability of venues though...

Hampton Furton

Smash Rookie
S.D and I will probably start trying to think of something on Monday. I'd say probably mid June or start of July for something big, obviously our success is gated by interest and availability of venues though...
I vote July because of June exams. I probably couldn't make June, or would play even worse than this last time.

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
It'll probably be July.

Youtube channel has just been setup for us!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GippslandSmash (add to OP?)

Replays/Salt will be uploaded here, hopefully we can generate some hype/history.

Feel free to send in anything you want people to see!

EDIT - First few matches are up there now...**** Australian internet upload is criminal.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
We should all meet up on June 10 to watch the Invitational together. Something tells me that the stream will be loads more fun to watch with company.
Hell, we could all stay up late to watch Nintendo's E3 stream as well. What do you think?

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
I thought their E3 stream started before the invitational...regardless, count me out, I've got two exams the next day, so I'll be heading down to Melbourne in the morning.

I'll have to watch the VOD afterwards :S

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I thought their E3 stream started before the invitational...regardless, count me out, I've got two exams the next day, so I'll be heading down to Melbourne in the morning.

I'll have to watch the VOD afterwards. :S
That's a real shame. I was going to host a little get-together at my house so we could watch the Invitational together. Without you, the only way we would be able to play Project M would be on my laptop with a single cheap Xbox 360 style Pc controller.

But I suppose we will be too busy watching the invitational to play Smash Bros ourselves anyway. Do you think anyone else would be up to visit?

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
If my time conversion is right, it airs the morning of the 11th. Given its a weekday, between Uni/TAFE/Work/School I don't know of anyone local that would be able to.

Top Bottom