• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GimR Presents: LOL Mr. Game & Watch

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Speaking honestly, how is CF supposed to deal with this? I mean, he can try to space dtilt, but that seems to be among the only things (1 of like 4 unsafe moves) that actually hit GW/Kirby/Jiggs in this scenario.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And presumably, Kirby and Jiggs can do all of this as well...

...And Kirby's dtilt can trip at close range...

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I really Like this!!! (◠‿◠)

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
In Smash 4, he's viable. In Melee, he's a hard pick, and it's best to go for other characters.

He's also viable in Project M...
Project M G&W is viable because they fix'd his l-canceling and whatnot from Melee, and I've got no beefs with that. But he's hardly viable in sm4sh. I'll say that no character is unviable because this game has pretty great balance, but I would put him mid-low on a tier list. Everyone knows that some characters have better crouches than others and G&W just doesn't have that many tools to work with.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Well, G&W really is LOW tier.

I feel hes gonna raise on the tiers a little now.

Neb

Smash Lord
Anything that allows G&W to grab will consequently open up his entire toolset. Clearly, the possibility for dthrow > 40+% combos, uair kills, oil panic, or even 9 hammer... is a far better option than rest/low clearance dtilt when it comes to flexibility and or game-winning potential. Lets also remember he has the quickest grab in the game.

2 Cents - When someone takes up the challenge of committing every character dependent dthrow combo to memory, we will see G&W's true potential.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Mr. game and Watch has the 3th crouch in the entire game. No doubt he can avoid all this move like a boss.

And finally someone tested right!

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Kirby will be a great counter-measure

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman